Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Everybody's Working For the Weekend!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
well, i just got off the phone with my old boss and he'll be calling me monday with my schedule. i decided to go back to work 1 or 2 days a week, just for some social interaction and a little bit of cash.

i'm looking forward to it and i'm not. i love working there, the people are awesome and it's a fun place to be. but, and i know you all think i'm silly, i've never been away from finn for more than an hour (probably like 10 altogether since he was born!) and i'm going to miss him like crazy.

oh well, i'm sure i'll get used to it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
aw itll be okay!

i'm glad you're going back, i'm sure youll like it once you start back up!
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
where were you working?
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
a toy shop, i call it gourmet because everything is expensive. it's going to be hard not to buy stuff every time i work. i bought so many toys and books while i was pregnant because i couldn't resist.
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
do you get a discount?
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i get 30% off toys and 40% off books. they have so much awesome stuff.
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That's a great discount. That's awesome.
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I don't think you are silly about leaving .Finn. Believe me!!! The first day was rough, but the second was a little better. I think having someone you trust 100% makes it easier. Getting a paycheck will make it even easier.

Sounds like an awesome store. Probably expensive, because don't you live in a touristy place?
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm not going to lie, it'll be rough for you especially since you haven't been away from him. Jesse and I have been getting my mom to watch her since she was 3 weeks old overnight for us to go do something together and it was still very, very hard for me. I'd get use to it until we'd have a holiday then it was back to square one. Who will watch him?
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i'm only going to work sundays and maybe an evening during the week, so nick will be with him. i wish i could trust my mom with him but i can't. one example of why i can't, we went out for lunch the other day and finn wasn't interested in the toys i'd brought for him so she looks through her purse and hands him a tide bleach pen. who gives a baby bleach to play with?!

cindy, i think it's expensive because it's a family run store and it's not a chain. i'm sure the area has something to do with it too. we're overrun with tourists during the summer so i am looking forward to it, it's always busy and fun.

i'm pretty excited. i really loved working there and i miss most of my old co-workers. it'll be nice getting out.
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Sounds cool. I wish I liked my job when I had to go back. It was easy for me, and it wasn't. It was easy because my mom was the one that watched .adriana and she was able to see both my parents, all of my brothers (3) and my nephew when she was there and she had a blast every time she went. it was hard because I hated my job and I knew I'd miss my baby girl. Now when I come home from work (if I get back early enough) she runs up to me and gives me a huge hug and kiss and it feels so nice. I still miss her and think about her the whole time I'm at work, but it gets easier. Now I have a different job, so my cousin comes over here to watch .adriana, and she's usually in bed by the time I get home...so that's kind of hard, but I know if she's in bed by 9:30 it's because she got tired out playing with .mariah (my cousin) and going for lots of walks!

But I think you will like the adult interaction, especially if it's only a couple days of week, and he stays with .nick. I always like when my hubby watches .adriana, because that's the alone time for those 2 to bond too...which I think is important!
|