Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Making My Penis Pretty: Genital Wart and Scars

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Well i suffer from genital warts, but luckly have figured out how to get rid of them but it can leave a scare....my problem really is that well im circumsised and despise it everyday, my penis has lots of scaring, funny skin textures and because of circumsition, hair growing half way up my penis. I sometimes suffer from ingrown hairs as well. I seem to be constantly lookng at it and despising it.

Is there a way of removing hair for good and smoothing the skin on your penis...making the tone and skin as smooth as it should?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Well if circumsition is done tightly it forces the skin further down your shaft that has hair growing on further up your penis, resulting in hair growth further up....im sorry i dont understand this comment:

Quote:
aside from masturbating with nair daily
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Experienced User
Nair is a hair remover and i wouldnt suggest masterbating with it it can cause burning to the penis or genetal area I would rather suggest seeing a dermatologist about your condition
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Experienced User
Yeah, Johnny was joking so don't even consider using the Nair. It would cause chemical burn and with such sensitive skin could cause scarring.

As for the hair, see a dermatologist about options. Wax, shaving, laser, etc.

As for skin quality, diet, exercise, Omega 3 ingestion, multi-vit/mineral would do the best. How much it would effect the skin on the penis, I don't know. You could also try using Gamma Linoleic Acid oil externally. It can be found in Borage or Primrose Oil.

As for the warts, what method are you using that causes scarring? Have you ever looked at the products at Herpes.com. Yes, warts is different from herpes, but they have reviews of wart products as well. Chat rooms, etc. Warts No More is one of them.
|

replied June 3rd, 2007
Well seeing as whenever i go to the clinic they either put this organic stuff on it that never works or use electro something (cant remember the name) i got fed up with having to make appointments so just started pick the ends off with tweezers....it works they go away within about 1 week.

Obviously it can cause some bleeding and does scab over for a bit but when healed never come back!

As for the skin and hair yes i suppose only wax or shave....but which is more likely to cause less irritation? wax or shave?
|

replied June 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
Have you been officially diagnosed with warts by a doctor? I ask, because as I understand warts are hard to remove as they exist deeper than they appear. So it'd seem that picking off the ends with tweezers would only be a temporary solution. Cysts however, would be easily picked away and not come back. If it is warts, maybe you should look into Warts No More. I'm pretty sure it's guaranteed for them never to come back. So money back? Nothing to lose.

Not sure about the waxing vs. shaving. Perhaps some women here would have more experience with them. Myself, I just trim to near bald anything on the shaft with clippers.

Waxing would be smoother, and I hear last longer. Irritation might depend on you.
|

replied June 4th, 2007
Experienced User
Please don't remove genital warts by yourself with tweezers! That's horrifying! You could get an infection.

There are wart treatments that do not leave scarring. Speak with your doctor. There is a cream called .Aldara (made by 3M). You get a prescription then you don't need to make repeat appointments. It takes time to work, but no scarring.
|

replied June 4th, 2007
Experienced User
just shave it off . . .
|