Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

clicking sore jaw

Hi.... I am new to all of this... have had a clicking jaw for years, but over the last several months... both right and left have become very sore... seems one feels better... the other acts up... now have ear pain on one side, and jaw/neck/shoulder... and pain on swallowing... just on one
side, more when my throat is dry...

any feedback... have seen my dentist... have a splint... am booked with a physio therapist next week... for an assessment...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Supporter
Hi again Molly,
Just wanted to formally welcome you to ehealthforum. I'm glad that you are going to be evaluated by the physiotherapist. Baby your jaw in the meantime using lots of moistheat and/or ice. Check your PM's and please let us know what the therapist has to say.

God bless...
Carol
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi
stay on soft foods. giving your jaw rest is good but you dont want to give it too much. use your muscles so that you maintain your jaw opening. you dont want your muscles to atrophy. you need anything im here. pm me or email me at anytime.Smile
|

replied November 18th, 2009
Jaw
I Have The Same Problem with mine but my ears always pop to. Plz help me any 1.
|

replied October 31st, 2010
Was wondering if what I was feeling was TMJ?
I have had TMJ for a few years not but its acting up REAL bad on the right side. Same as the others with sore throat, sore ear (feels infected, pressure like feeling) hurts to swallow...I thought that maybe there was something else going on with me till I read what you all have said.
|

replied January 9th, 2012
TMJ
hello,
i have been experiencing pain and numbness on the right side of my face ( cheek, jaw pain, headache, eye,clicking sound, neck muscle soreness into my right arm) the pain is so unbearable and uncomfortable. it all started after i slept on a hard surface in two days in a raw and its been agonizing pain since then. could it be TMJ?
|