Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Genital Warts

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
I just found out that I have genital warts or actually a wart. And i'm not sure how long i've had them since my Dr. Said that they can stay dorment for years. All my pap smears have can out normal, my question now is if my pap smears are normal does that mean I dont have hpv?? Or do you have hpv if you have visibile warts.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 26th, 2004
Experienced User
Re: Genital Warts
Hpv is the medical name for genital warts. Its called human papenola virus.. Ok that second word is wayyyy off.. But the first word is human and the second word is virus, I just dont know how to spell the second word. But hpv is something that will always be there, doesn't mean you will always have a wart, but you will always have the virus, just like with genital herpes.. You will always have the virus, but will not always have a break out.. Hope this helps a little.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram