Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Pet Milk And Water

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
We were sitting around with Jesse's parents tonight and they said that when they were younger, people would give babies bottles of pet milk, water, and sugar instead of formula. My mom said that's what my daddy drank as a baby. Isn't that crazy??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Are you saying they would feed a baby milk that came from an animal with water and sugar?

Oh, I feel nauseous now. I have never heard of that. eeeeew
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
By pet milk I mean evaporated milk that comes in a can, do you know what I'm talking about?
In place of formula, they'd put that with water and sugar.
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh ok, I know what you are talking about now!! Embarassed It's still nasty though.
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
Laughing sorry I just had to laugh at the thought of milking pets to feed the baby. My cat would never speak to me again. Laughing
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
lol, Pet's the brand. Sorry, we just call it pet milk.
|

replied February 3rd, 2011
PET Milk
Yeah, that's what babies used to drink instead of formula. Everyone over 50 swears by it, so it's probably not that bad. I'm gonna wait until my baby's older than 6 months to try it (maybe without the sugar, though). They used to put to corn syrup in it, too, lol. I guess they had the original "formula."
|

replied February 14th, 2011
can I mix pet milk and formula?
|