Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Calendar Conception : When did I Conceive ? Forum

Date I Conceived ... ?

I was told on January 1, 2007 that I was 1-2 weeks pregnant. So I've been following that until today. I was 23 weeks pregnant or so I thought, but according to the ultrasound I'm 25 weeks.
I'm trying to figure out the a close date to that which I conceived, and I can't do it based on my menstrual cycle because I miscarried the day after Thanksgiving of 2006. So I never had a period between pregnancies. Can anyone help? Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
there's no such thing as 1-2 weeks pregnant. if that's what you were told they must have meant that was the baby's gestational age, which would've meant you were 3-4 weeks pregnant. it's very confusing but the first 2 weeks of your pregnancy, you're not actually pregnant yet.

so according to your u/s you're 25 weeks, which means you would've conceived approx 23 weeks ago.

does this make sense? i'm sorry, i'm not good at explaining things.

(i'm hoping someone else will reply to this and explain it better.)
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2007
Community Volunteer
Bridget explained it fine.

25 weeks pregnancy is the same as 23 weeks of gestation.

pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last menstrual period (based on a 28 day cycle).
so you actually ovulate at the end of week 2 of the pregnancy, and implantation of the embryo takes place around the middle/end of end of week 3.

This is why for an accurate pregnancy test it is best to wait until your period is missed.
When you miss your period you are said to be 4 weeks (approx) pregnant.
At this point the embryo is of 2 weeks gestation and may have been implanted for as little as 4 days.
|

replied March 15th, 2009
Date
I took a clearblue indicator test on tuesday the 10th March which dated my conception at 1-2 weeks ----Or 3-4 weeks pregnant.

I dont know the date of my LMP, how else can i calculate an estimated due date?
|

replied March 15th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Go see your doctor. They will calculate it by the size of your uterus or ultrasound.
|
Users who thank Mabel for this post: fiestykax 

replied March 16th, 2009
Thanks Mabel
Yeah my appt is on wednesday morning.
It was so easy with my first child i knew the date of my LMP....
This is a new relationship, and wasnt planned, but we're happy about it...shocked but happy lol
|

replied April 8th, 2010
I am a little confused at how the conception date and the actual amount of time you are pregnant works. I am 17 weeks today. So does that mean I could have conceived 17 weeks ago, or did I actually conceive 15 weeks ago??
|

replied April 8th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Eerii, Most likely 15 weeks ago. Most doctors and scan technicians work on a 40 week pregnancy calendar. In some countries the 38 week calendar is however used predominantly. If you have any doubt, ask your doctor how many weeks you will be pregnant on your due date.

If you have your due date, it can be determined from that.
|

replied April 15th, 2010
ok, thats what I needed to hear. See I had my LMP on Dec., 2009. I had sex with my ex on the 11th and another guy on the 25th. I had an ultrasound done when I was 5 weeks pregnant. And when I counted back 5 weeks the date landed on december 10th. So did I probably get pregnant on the 25th?? Since there is a two weeks period before conception or however that works?
|

replied April 15th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Yes
|

replied May 7th, 2012
Pregnant help
When did I concieve if my due date is 7th of oct what day would u say I concieved ?
|

replied May 7th, 2012
When did I concieve if due oct 7th what part of jan would I of bin fertile and when wud I of concieved ? Help thnk you
|

replied May 7th, 2012
Hey guys ok so I started Provera seven days ago. My doctor proscribed me 10 days’ worth. I have been spotting on an off. I have to take the clomid on my three cylice day. Do I wait until after taking the Provera to take the clomid. I mean how will I know if it is a period and not just spotting again??? i am trying to conceive. This is my second time trying.
|