Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Strep Throat - Herpes ? Please Help...on Meds But No Signs

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
Hello,

I had unprotected sex with a girl who later told me she had herpes.

5 days ago, on saturday morning, my heart started racing really fast, and my temperature went up. I felt like I was getting sick, I seen a doctor on Monday evening, and he told me I had strep throat.

He prescribed amoxicillin and T3 for the pain.

Later that night, I noticed a lesion, a little red scab on the shaft of my penis appear. Doesnt hurt when I pee, but it does hurt a bit if i touch it.

Its now thursday, and there are no signs of my strep throat going away.

It still hurts really bad when i swallow, and my fever comes and goes, if i take neo citrin and drink lots of water.

I also feel a small hard lump under my right lymph gland, but not my left.

Please can someone tell me if I have herpes, and when I should expect this strep throat to go away ? Should I go in for more examination ?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper snoopynikos
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
.only a doctor can verify if you have herpes or not but it does sound like you do. .do not get upset until you know all of the facts about this disease because it is not as bad as most think. .i have oral herpes, which are commonly referred to as cold sores, and have had them for as long as .i can remember. .apparently .i got them from a relative who kissed me as a baby.

.their is a very large stigma associated with herpes because it is considered an std even though it can be transmitted very easily, as in my case. .the truth is that although you will always have it it can be treated with perscription medications that can reduce outbreaks. .some people never even know they have it because their symptoms are so mild and their outbreaks so few and far between.
|

replied April 11th, 2012
Herpes simplex (kissing) is alot diffferent than Herpes Complex on the gentitials or the mouth and throat from giving oral or having intercourse with an infected person you really need to be tested asap to get it under control
|

replied May 31st, 2007
I was leaning my thoughts 90% in that direction, and im sure im a possible candidate.

As for the strep throat, or possibly (my family doctor nurse) told me I could have mono if antibiotics are not treating my throat inflammation.

Does anyone know if they are related at all ? Herpes and pus filled tonsils ? (sorry for bein a bit graphic) Smile
|

replied May 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
.it is quite common for a person who is having the initial outbreak of herpes to experience flu like symptoms, including a sore throat, which will most likely continue until your body is done fighting this outbreak of the virus.
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2007
Supporter
Hi
Did this Dr perform a throat culture, or jsut kinda look into your mouth and guess-ta-mate and then prescribe antibiotics? I was alwasy under the impression in order to determine strep, a throat culture had to be performed to specify that bacteria. Did oyu tell this Dr, you'd had unprotected sex and asked if it were possible for youto have contacted herpes? I know its a touchy subject, but I've learned to ask questions instead of worry to death with not knowing! Laughing
|

replied January 19th, 2009
HELP NEEDED
I found out today that I have strep throat. My boyfriend and I had sexual intercourse last night, and at one point he preformed oral sex.

Can the infection I didnt know I had spread to my vagina?
|

replied April 11th, 2012
Yes it is possible my pap smear came back with strep last year go to the dr and have them take a culture of your throat and do a pap I get strep 3 times a year so I know alot about it yout BF should be traeted as well or he will reinfect you and vise versa
|

replied April 11th, 2012
STREP
Yes it is possible my pap smear came back with strep last year go to the dr and have them take a culture of your throat and do a pap I get strep 3 times a year so I know alot about it yout BF should be traeted as well or he will reinfect you and vise versa
|

replied April 17th, 2012
this is no jk :/
Is there something you could start taking now to treat the pain in throat for the moment? Snoopynikos what did they proscribe you?
|