Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pregnant With Tingling/pain In Feet

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
If anyone can relate to this topic please post a reply. I have had continuous swelling in my feet and ankles since I was about 17 weeks pg. Now for some reason I also have a sharp pain and tingling in my left heal area. It feels like some weird nerve damage. Please let me know if you have had these symptoms and if they are anything to worry about.. Sad

edd 12-25-03
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 31st, 2003
Experienced User
Re: Pregnant With Tingling/pain In Feet
[quote="cantwait2bmom"]if anyone can relate to this topic please post a reply. I have had continuous swelling in my feet and ankles since I was about 17 weeks pg. Now for some reason I also have a sharp pain and tingling in my left heal area. It feels like some weird nerve damage. Please let me know if you have had these symptoms and if they are anything to worry about.. Sad

first and foremost, have you spoken to your doctor? If not please due asap! To me the swelling sounds like preeclampsia (toxemia). Have you had dizziness, fuzzy eye sight, shortness of breath, continuous headache, etc.? The baby may also be laying on a nerve. See about going to a chiropractor and being adjusted for the tingling problems. I had similar problems when I was pregnant with my daughter, turns out I had toxemia and also back out of adjustment due to all the extra weight in front.

Good luck!
|

replied August 31st, 2003
Thanks
No I haven't spoken to my doc yet about this, but I was afraid it might be preeclampsia. My mom told me she had terrible swelling in her feet, ankles, and knees with all 3 of us kids, and acted like it must just be hereditary. So I haven't been that worried about it until now. Thanks for your info, I will call the doc on tuesday to be safe.
|

replied September 15th, 2003
Tryin to Help
Hi I had preclampsia when I was 25 weeks pregnate and I about died I had my child at 26 weeks and he didnt make it. I had real bad headacks and stayed dizzy and sick. I slept all the time. My whole body was swollen real bad. I had alot of protine in my urine an thats a sign of it. Over the years ive learned that you have a greater risk of preeclampsia if its your 1st pregnancy and if its a boy. Its really dangerous it makes your body organs shut down. So please take my advice and go to the doctor if you have any concerns. Dont hisatate at all its your baby and your life. I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a healthy baby!
|

replied September 17th, 2003
Thanks
I saw my doc a week ago and everything is fine with me so far. They check my urine monthly and so far everything is normal. As for the tingling in my left foot, it has mostly gone away. The swelling is still there in both of my ankles and on a constant basis, but it hasn''t gotten worse and I don't have any swelling anywhere else. Good sign... So, I will keep my h2o levels up and sodium levels down to reduce the swelling.. Thanks for all the info

beth edd 12-25
|
Quick Reply