Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Passing Gas From the Vagina? (Page 1)

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
Embarassed
i had sex in january for the first time and i sometimes uh...whats the word for it Question its kinda like passing gas but different. i was wondering wat it was and why its happening. if some could please help me Embarassed
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper leftturneahead
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Are you talking about air coming out of your vagina? The walls of the vagina touch each other unless something holds them open. If air gets into the vagina, and the walls of the vagina close together again, that air can come out all in one puff that sounds like passing gas.

It often happens when people are doings things such as moving around a lot, changing positions a lot, switching from vaginal sex to manual and back again, etc. because then air has an opportunity to get in, vagina walls close, air has an opportunity to get in, vagina walls close, over and over, every time you switch things up.
|

replied May 30th, 2007
ok so i jsut have to be careful how i move then? i don't want it happening during a practice or something embarrassing like that. i was worried something was wrong. thanks. Embarassed
|

replied September 29th, 2012
its nothing to worry about you dont have to be embarrest it happens to all women ! it sounds much quieter with clothes on lol feeling comin in practice just run off lol
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, that's only happened to me maybe two or three times in almost eight years of having sex. Every time it happened was when I was in bed and switching it up way more than usual. Laughing
|

replied May 30th, 2007
i'm just worried it might happen when i'm doing sit-ups. i couldn't bear it if that happend. eek! Embarassed i'll just have to be carefull how far i spread my legs apart when i lie down from now on. Neutral
|

replied May 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
shy1230 wrote:
i'm just worried it might happen when i'm doing sit-ups. i couldn't bear it if that happend. eek! Embarassed i'll just have to be carefull how far i spread my legs apart when i lie down from now on. Neutral

It's also related to your pelvic floor muscles. Try sometime on your own to be in the positions that make you "queaf" (or kweef, or however it's spelled) and practice loosening everything down there so you suck in air, and then pushign down to expell it. One you know how to tighten it and control it, you'll be able to hold it closed during excersize.

I discovered this when I first started masturbating, in the bathtub. I discovered I'd sucked up water while orgasing, and it rushed back out as I relaxed. I practiced until I could do it voluntarily. Kinda cool feeling. Heh <_<
|

replied May 31st, 2007
its a weird feeling at best. i just wish i could control it a lil'. i don't think it helps that i'm pretty sure i have the sex drive of a guy and i haven't gotten any since my first time lol. i'm in that annoying "first love" stage and all i can think about is this guy. Embarassed unfortunatly i'm a teen and don't know if i should really trust the feeling that i love him or if its just hormones. *sigh* anyone got a manual on how to be a teen Question haha jk
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Yeah the teenager thing sucks. Just hold on for a little while longer Smile You'll make it.

The queefing (or whatever) thing shouldn't happen at just any time... right after sex or a little while after is normal, but not like randomly two days later or anything. It's just air getting in your vagina that leaks out. Happens in certain positions more than others, in my experience. So don't worry, it shouldn't be a chronic problem.

Also, the more comfortable you are with sex and the easier it become, it should decrease because you are fitting together better, and not as much air is being shoved up there. Or at least that's my experience.
|

replied June 9th, 2007
I can suck in water too! I move my tummy muscles so that they make a ridge down my front and it opens my vagina up really wide, the muscular wall goes really hard, then I can lift my hips out the water and squirt it out Laughing
to much time on my hands!
I find I pass air form my vagina more when I am a bit dry, or rather when I am wet the air must go in and them leave in little bubbbles instead of a big blast.
Try putting your fingers inside yourself and moving your muscles to see what they do, that might help you to get in touch with them
|

replied July 21st, 2009
vaginal gas after sex
im 16, and ive had sex with my long term partner many of times...

but only the last few times, after sex, my vagina kinda farts, and i cant stop it, i dont know whether its because im really wet, or he came inside me, or its trapped gas somehow..

i never used to have it..

its horrible i want it to stop? help
|

replied July 21st, 2009
I've dealt with this issue in a couple different positions and it can be embarassing! I've found that if I know I have some air trapped in there and don't want it to come rushing out and making noise you can insert your finger in your vagina, kind of hold your finger to one side and flex your tummy muscles - this sends the air out without any noise. Once you get skilled this can be done very quickly and discreetly!!
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2009
I've been having sex with this guy for about 20yrs and just recently in the last month every time we have sex from the back and the wetter i get the queefing starts he loves it i don't know why, but i am a bit embarrassed by it. how is the air getting in there?
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2009
Supporter
with my current boyfriend, when my vagina makes that noise he would say "talk to me baby".
years ago i would say "i didnt fart, that was my ****"
|

replied September 15th, 2009
The air gets in there when you are having sex and the guy exits the vagina and through reentry air is pushed inside, then the further back he goes the further forward the air pushes, making it need to escape to make room for the penis, it makes the noise because of the vibrations of the air against the vaginal lips and walls. its perfectly normal. my husband loves it when it happens, he makes me do it all the time because he loves the vibration sensation that comes with it.
|

replied November 30th, 2009
There is also something known as a Fistula. It's when there is a tear somewhere inbetween the vigina and and colon. Can happen to women after child birth, or after having anal sex, or there are other causes also. This condition can get serious. If you're having gas pass through your vagina, it's best to get some medical advise and testing. See your gynocologist as soon as possible.
|

replied March 12th, 2010
gas from vagina
i have been having sex with my bf for almost a year. everythin was normal but like about 2 months ago , the gas thing started al of a certain. i get really embarrased. although he says may be because of dryness. how do i get rid of it??? i knw someone has suggested to put a finger. but how can u do that in the middle of making love????????????
|

replied April 10th, 2010
vagina farts while having intercourse
this happens to me to and i have read all about the finger and how i switch positions but these posts have made me feel a little more confident.even tho my bf knows its my vagina farting but i have heard of that happening to people and cum coming out.i havent expwrienced that tho but anyway thnks everybody on this post!!
|

User Profile
replied May 17th, 2010
that happened to me jus last night..even tho he knows its my vagina i was so embarrassed and he jus laughs....thx to everyone i know why it happens now[^_^] i feel alot better now
|

replied September 18th, 2010
Concern.
This happens to me when I am on my hands and knees positon or bending over during sex. It is very embarrasing, but I can't help it. I am wondering if there is a medicene that can stop the queefing. Everytime this happens,I don't get excited anymore. But reading this posts it really helps me. I thought I am the only one who have queefing problems. Thanks!
|

replied November 29th, 2010
So I read all of these comments and none really matched my concern... I was napping with a tampon in and it seems as if my period is ending early (strange) also multiple times during this nap i was awoken by extreme air leaving my vagina. This does occur to me during sex and sometimes when i do yoga but never has it once happened while a motionless nap...help!
|
12 >>
Quick Reply