Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Walk-in Bathtubs With Hydrotherapy Help Arthritis Sufferers.

Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
A recent study found that hydrotherapy is particularly beneficial for arthritis sufferers. One hundred thirty-nine patients with chronic rheumatoid arthritis were randomly assigned to receive hydrotherapy, seated immersion, land exercise, or progressive relaxation.

Patients attended 30-minute sessions twice weekly for 4 weeks. Physical and psychological measures were completed before and after intervention, and again at a 3-month follow-up.

The results showed that all patients improved physically and emotionally, as assessed by the Arthritis Impact Measurement Scales 2 questionnaire. The patients' belief that their pain was controlled by chance happenings decreased, signifying not just improvement in their condition but also in their belief to be able to manage their symptoms.

However the data revealed conclusively that the hydrotherapy patients showed significantly greater improvement in joint tenderness and in knee range of movement (women only) than the other patients. And at the follow-up measurement, the hydrotherapy patients maintained the improvement in emotional and psychological state.

The report concluded that although all patients experienced some benefit, "hydrotherapy produced the greatest improvements", and the researchers stated that there is clear evidence of the benefits of hydrotherapy for arthritis sufferers to support the continued use of this therapy as an effective adjunct treatment.

Hall J; Skevington SM; Maddison PJ; Chapman K A randomized and controlled trial of hydrotherapy in rheumatoid arthritis.Arthritis Care Res (UNITED STATES) Jun 1996, 9 (3) p206-15T

To see a wide variety of Walk-In Bathtubs with Hydrotherapy, please visit this website: http://walkinbathtubstore.com
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 7th, 2009
walk in bath tubs
Hello My name is Jason Viens with Fountain Of Youth Bathrooms. We manufacture our own line of walk in bath tubs with hydrotherapy. We have by far the most affordable price in the industry along with one of the top quality tubs on the market today. We are BBB accredited and have never had a negative claim against us. please go to our website fountainofyouthbathrooms.com

Tell them the forum you found us on and get a $100 rebate off your tub purchase
|

replied May 17th, 2009
sexual health
dear sir/madam
i sit in water daily for 30 mint.
can sitting in water help in larging the penis size and sexual stemena?
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2009
Supporter
I think the best temporary relief I have ever had was froma jacuzzi/whirlpool..Unfortuantely I am not rich or have the means to pay for these new tubs..I can see where the benefits would be and I sure would like to have one..Maybe someday when the price comes down on them then I would be using it daily..Thank you for info..
|

replied June 20th, 2011
Thank you for the great information. I decided to get a hot tub a few months ago and it has been the best therapy for my back. I used to go to get a massage up to 4 times a month and that was getting expensive. I talked to the people and they told me about the healing ability of hot tubs and i have never looked back.
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.