Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

I Scar Extremely Easy!

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Okay even if I get a really small zit that doesnt go deep into my skin, it leaves a redish mark that can last up to a year, or even more! I don't understand how my skin scars so easily. Someone told me that they arent necissarily scars, but another type of post acne mark? Is this possible?

I never pop or pick at my acne either

Also, I'm really fair skinned and don't get a whole lot of sunlight. Could this contribute to me scarring easily? I've been taking zinc supplements to see if it would help me scar less, but it's not really helping.

Finally, what are some good products that have worked well for you to remove these marks? I'm currently using an astringent with glycolic acid to exfoliate and I'm also using mederma for scars.

Help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lmrosier
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2007
I have the same exact prob as you do! I don't even touch my face and everything ends up scarring. Also I have sensitive fair skin which makes it all worse. My first dermatologist always thought I was lying to her when I told her that I'm not a picker, which is one of the reasons I don't see her anymore. I haven't tried zinc for my scars but mederma seems to take forever to see any results. I tried this new laser treatment at the dermatologist office but it was 200 dollars just for the first treatment and I needed like 5 more before my face would be completely scar free. So far that is the only thing that has been successful on my scars but since I'm a typical poor college student I don't have the money to pay for the rest of the treatments. I also use glycolic acid because it makes my skin look alot more smoother and lightened up some of my scars.
|

replied April 9th, 2009
Same problem!
Hey, I have the same problem and the white pastey skin to go with it! Even little ant bites make me scar. For the Pimple scars, I use Acne Free (from Walgreens) it's $20 and it makes the pimple scars almost completely dissapear!

I suspect that this easy scarring thing is some sort of disorder, since I've found several people on the internet w the same problem. If anyone finds the cure, let me know!
|

replied January 21st, 2011
You are probably a Keloid former. I scar badly from almost anything. I have scars all over my legs from mosquito bits. Keloid formers scar very easily. If you look it up on Google and think that you're not as bad as some of the pictures show, you could still have Keloids. There are various degrees of keloid formers.
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
Scarring on arms
I scar easily also but not on my face-anywhere I get a bug bite,cut,scrape, anything I end up with a flat,discoloration. I am not a picker so I am not sure why this happens. the scars are usually 2 to 3 times darker than my skin color,are not painful but they are a major cause for imbarrasement. I don't wear short sleeves because I have so many of these on my arms. this has only been an issue for me for about 5 years now,before this started I had beautiful skin. Any ideas on the cause.
|

replied January 22nd, 2012
after treatment for severe scarring
mine too are 2 to 3 times darer than my skin tone now after trreatment... my whole family scars easily dermatologist i saw in highschool (12 years ago) says it can be genetic depending on your family history... im my case we are german decendanta very milkypale skinned and generally helathly as far as complection with a little roscea mixed in there which also caused slight scrring on my fase... at that time my arms looked like they had been threw a saw mill also had scars from underwired bras (yeah explain that one to people even drs it was embarrassing)... he prescribed a topical steriod ointment and scarring was lessened but never went away completly, now i still get the scars mainly on my legs, ive learned to deal with it but i dont like to wear shorts in the summer due to the fact im deathly afraid to get bug bites that will scar up to 5x the color of my skin but yeah topical treatments help but they never completely heal i guess is what im saying here
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2012
Especially eHealthy
lizzi,

Also, scars will darken if they are exposed to a lot of UV light (natural sunlight or tanning bed) within the first year. Plastic surgeons recommend that scars not be allowed to tan or burn in that time, as the darking that occurs will be permanent. So, if you do have to expose the scars within the first year, place a cover over the scar (preferable) or use a very high powered sun block.

Good luck.
|

replied October 2nd, 2014
Scars
I scar very easy also, but I'm African American Brown tone and just like the previous blogs, anything will leave a scar 2-3times darker on me... I have yet to find help or an answer.
|