Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Blood Blister On Mole

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
I have always had a large slightly raised irregular mole on the side of my neck. A few days ago I woke up to what looked like a blood blister covering a large portion of the mole. I do not recall any trauma to that part of my neck.

The blister has lasted for three days and I noticed it had gotten less pearly and more scaley today. I prodded it a little and it came off. It did not bleed and I am experiencing very little pain. There is just a small tear in the mole now and no clotted blood.

At first I was worried about nodular melanoma but after researching a little more I have not come across anything concerning the blood blister coming off the skin.

Any help would be appreciated.

As an update a day later--now that the blood blister has come off, the mole itself has become a little more raised and the texture is coarser.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 12th, 2010
mysterious red mole
i think you should just go get it checked if you do not know what this is.
|

replied September 12th, 2010
i think you should just go get it checked if you do not know what this is.
|

replied September 23rd, 2010
I have found just found the same on a mole i have already had checked out - a blood blister suddenly appeared but there appears to be a scratch across my arm as well where the mole is so it may be something i have done without noticing somehow!!
|