Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

Can Heartbreak Causes Nausea ?

Hi

Well I'm going thru a very hard break up and basically, this is the first time I'm really in love with a gf (well ex-gf now) .... Is it normal that I get nausea? I do eat well, but I sometimes get insomnia at night... well, any way to get rid of the nausea... it occurs like 4-5 times a day, sometimes leads to vomitting =.="

thx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2007
Supporter
Broken Heart And Nausea
Bon soir, mon ami:

I'm no doctor but you're under terrific stress right now and stress manifests itself in different ways to different people. About five years ago I had what people used to call "a nervous breakdown"--I went through months and months of insomnia. Mine was due to stress at work, not the stress of a broken heart but stress is stress and the insomnia was my body's way of coping with the stress I had been under for several years.

When I broke up with my "first love" (good riddance, bucko!) I had a terrible time sleeping--it was either insomnia or I'd dream about him and that was just as bad because I'd wake up in the middle of the night very upset and unable to get back to sleep.

I also cut waaay back on my eating because just the sight of food made me nauseated.

Have you seen a doctor about this? It could be related to what you're going through or it could be something else that's manifesting itself.

Bonne chance.
|

replied May 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Can Heartbreak Causes Nausea?
Skylude wrote:
Hi

Well I'm going thru a very hard break up and basically, this is the first time I'm really in love with a gf (well ex-gf now) .... Is it normal that I get nausea? I do eat well, but I sometimes get insomnia at night... well, any way to get rid of the nausea... it occurs like 4-5 times a day, sometimes leads to vomitting =.="

thx
definetly! you can make yourself sick over it by worrying and stressing!I'm not sure what you can do about it besides keep yourself occupied and try not to think about it as much as possible as hard as that sounds.
|

replied May 26th, 2007
Thx you two for the advice... I'll try to keep myself as occupied as possible
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
heartbreak
i already experience that, maybe its just normal because broken heart causes stress and depression, and your body reacts on what you feel... saddest part is ,according to doctors heartbreak can cause cardiac symptoms, but don't worry its curable, it just takes 5 years of treatment...
|

replied September 22nd, 2010
Re: Can Heartbreak Causes Nausea ?
yes it can really affect you in that way. but after a while you mught feel relief
|

replied October 25th, 2010
I broke up with my boyfriend... and I miss him so much. Every time I think of more days like this, days without him... I want to throw up too. So i guess it's normal. I'm scared of not being able to look forward to anything.
|

replied December 6th, 2010
Experienced User
When we broke up I had lots of symptoms-
emotional pain so great that I didnt want to get up in the morning
lack of apetite
trembling hands
extreme sadness
convoluted stomach
feeeling of having a stone in my stomach
crying all day long on and off
wanting to be alone in a green place for peace
obssessing with him, trying to see him in town
pounding heart

Im glad he is back in my life , things are still not right, but I can now phone him again, see him again andI dont feel so bad anymore.
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2010
Experienced User
I've heard doctors and psychologists compare some break ups to losing someone so you go into some of the "grieving" stages especially if you were extremely close. It's an awful feeling and sometimes it feels like it'll never end but it will. It does get better in time. Allow yourself to vent at your own pace. Then try to do something fun that you enjoy to distract yourself and cheer you up.
|
Tags: nausea
Quick Reply