Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

My 11 Year Old Daughter Gets Welts/hives

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Last summer my 11 year old daughter started getting welts. If she scratched anywhere, a welt would appear. They don't last long and can occur anywhere on her body. She says she feels an itch, she scratches and then she gets a welt (all shapes and sizes). Initially I thought it was from the chlorine of the pool, but it's months later and she still gets them on a daily basis. I gave her Claritin for Hives and it helps her not itch, but she still gets the welts/hives. Does anyone have any ideas? I have an alergy appointment scheduled for her, but in the meantime, I want to know if anyone else has experienced this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 24th, 2007
Welts/hives
She might be having a allergic reaction to something. A type of food, dust or anything. You can become allergic to something all of the sudden that you have never had a problem with before. The best you can do is wait to see the allergist like you said. good luck!
|

replied March 19th, 2013
Help
Did u ever figure out what is going on with ur daughter my daughter has been to the allergy dr and is on medicine daily and she is doing the. Same thing please let me know if u get any answers
|

replied March 20th, 2013
Most of the time it goes itself but if its not vanishing then go and give her a full skin checkup from a good skin doctor.
|