Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Using the Incorrect Words & Forgetfulness

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
i am having problems saying the wrong words. This has been going on for a while now. For example, today I told one of my kids here is my elmo instead of here is my email. This is common for me lately. I use the wrong words inappropriately in a sentence. Another example is I often get August and April confused and other words on a daily basis. Simply put the wrong words come out and don't make any sence.

I also lose my train of thought. And I forget when I ask things and I have to reask. My wife gets quite impatient with me. She constantly tells me she just told me that about a topic we just discussed.

Little concerned.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 27th, 2007
Brain Fog...
What you are talking about could be what is called "Brain Fog".

Symptoms...
* Loss of mental acuity
* Forgetfulness – decreased short-term memory
* A feeling of spaciness and inability to think clearly
* A feeling that you’re in a fog or a dark cloud is over your head
* Decreased attention span
* Mild depression and/or anxiety
* Lack of spatial awareness
* Difficulty concentrating or a lack of focus

You might want to look into taking some supplements for a little while.

Good luck, hopefully this helps!
|

replied April 19th, 2013
brain fog
interesting, what supplements would you recomend?
|
Quick Reply