Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

hot flashes- symptom ?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
i'm not sure but i think there is a chance i could be pregnant. i've been having hot flashes for the past three days and i have never had hot flashes before and i'm 19. i have also noticed i'm more tired and the area around my nipples seems a little bit darker but they don't hurt and i started spotting just a little bit today. i think that it is too early to take a test tho if i am pregnant. does anyone have any tips for me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2007
Supporter
you can test up to 4 days before your period, but better to wait until after you are suppose to have your period, hot flashes can be alot of different medical reasons, but yes it can be a symptom, caused by your hormones changing.....so best to do a test when you are late, or go to a clinic....if its to soon just take it easy, drink plenty of water, and relax! Good luck Exclamation
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
I took a preg test early and the test line just came back faintly positive....very hard to see it. I believe I was just about 2 1/2 weeks pregnant. I was very lucky to find out that early. I hadn't even missed my period and it was well more than 4 days before it was due to arrive. I was a happy camper!
|

replied June 13th, 2007
Yes, I had hot flashes very early in my first pregnancy. In fact, I had them before I knew I was pregnant and my husband jokingly suggested that I was pregnant! Lol...turned out he was right!
|

replied June 6th, 2009
could i be pregnant?
I have been getting hot flashes and i think my period is late I am not for sure cuz I dont mark it down every month but i do now I usually start the beginning of the month. My breast have been tender but it went away and thats what happens usually when I get ready to start but i have never had hot flashes along with it. so what do you think could I be pregnant?
|

replied November 19th, 2009
could i be pregnant?
i am 19 years old i been feeling very tired lately and weak my breast hurt very badly my nipples got darker and hurt i been extra hungry lately thursty more then usual but everyone tells me oh its prob your period but i feel different this month could i be pregnant could anyone help me thanks
|

replied July 27th, 2010
im 19 years old and i ave been aving hot flushes for bout 4days now and dont no if im pregent as im nt due on for a week or so.
|

replied August 29th, 2010
????
I have been having hot flashes, bloating, mood swings, not wanting to eat & i started my period Aug. 2 but it was just spotting for the first 2 days, heavy for 1 day & it stopped now im have feelings like im pregnant but i took a pregnancy text, it was negative. im not due to have my period till the 30th. every mouth right before my period i feel like this, could it just be my hormones are can i can i be pregnant?
|

replied August 29th, 2010
????
I have been having hot flashes, bloating, mood swings, not wanting to eat & i started my period Aug. 2 but it was just spotting for the first 2 days, heavy for 1 day & it stopped now im have feelings like im pregnant but i took a pregnancy text today, it was negative. im not due to have my period till the 30th. every mouth right before my period i feel like this, could it just be my hormones are can i be pregnant?
|

replied January 22nd, 2013
pregnant or period
hi there i'm two days before my next period and im getting today hot flashed, cramping, frquently urinating. could i do a pregnancy test now or should i rather wait for after my period or if i have missed my period? will the pregnancy test show this early the correct result??
|

replied April 13th, 2013
Hot flashes
My only pregnancy symptom was hot flashes and they only happened on my back. I had no idea I was pregnant so it kind of freaked me out. It only happened maybe 3 times but I got so incredibly hot I thought I was actually going to get burn marks. Once I found out I was pregnant, they stopped. It was ery early on in my pregnancy so I was probaby about 2 or 3 weeks when I got my first hot flash. I now get mild ones on my legs every so often but its more tingly then burning!
|

replied May 30th, 2013
hot flushes
hi me and my partner have been tring for a baby now for 4 year 2 years through ivf I have just finished my 2nd lot of frozen embryos coz the last one died after thawing so we would miss a month due to that and for the last week towards my period I have been having really really bad hot flushes all my ears and face and I am now one day late I debt have any other symptoms but was just seeing uf I could be or not I am normally on.time but any little thing gets my hopes up so was just seeing if anyone could shwad some light for me thanks
|