Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Could It Be Possible My Surge Was Early?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Ok, I have a question. My average cycle is 28 days but last month to this months AF was 26 so I was reading on the OPK to use their chart for the shortest cycle youve had...which would have put me at 9 days from my AF start Like the Thurs the 17th. I started testing on the 18th(Friday) and had the darkest line so far then but it wasnt to close to or darker than the test line. Could it be possible I would have tested a surge positive on the 16th(wed) or 17th(Thurs) but since I didnt test til the 18th I might have missed it or do you think it hasnt come yet? Here was my test reads.....

Friday- darkest line but not close to or darker than the test
Sat- faint line
Sun- very faint line(almost not there at all)
Mon- very faint line( darker than Sundays by a little bit)
Mon evening- like Sundays again at 8 pm(did another test to make sure)
Tues- faint line
Wed- a tiny bit more darker than yesterdays but still faint
Wed after 2pm- lighter than this mornings! (even held pee for 4 hours!)
What do you ladies think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
Hi Hoffmanangels
I used the internet cheapies for OPK and found difficulty actually getting a line that was as dark or darker than the test line. Even after holding pee for 4 hours.
Did you hold your pee for all the tests?
I gave up on the internet cheapies...a girl on here recomended the Clear Blue Easy digital tests which I found worked perfectly. There is no ambiguity at all, it's either positive or negative.
I'm not sure if you missed your surge...did you bd on the day of the darkest line?
They say to start testing on cd10, and it sounds like that's when you first tested. Perhaps if you are not pg this month, start on cd 9 next month.
Good luck!
|

replied May 23rd, 2007
DPrssd wrote:
Hi Hoffmanangels
I used the internet cheapies for OPK and found difficulty actually getting a line that was as dark or darker than the test line. Even after holding pee for 4 hours.
Did you hold your pee for all the tests?
I gave up on the internet cheapies...a girl on here recomended the Clear Blue Easy digital tests which I found worked perfectly. There is no ambiguity at all, it's either positive or negative.
I'm not sure if you missed your surge...did you bd on the day of the darkest line?
They say to start testing on cd10, and it sounds like that's when you first tested. Perhaps if you are not pg this month, start on cd 9 next month.
Good luck!

I bought the ones from Walmart which last month worked fine and showd the surge at day 14. I had my cycle for only 26 days so that instructions said start testing on day 9 but I started on cd11. We did bd on the darkest line i saw which wasnt dark compared to last month or the test line. I held it for 4 hours before the test at 2pm so i will be retesting in the morning again and see what I get then. Whatever is meant to be will be I guess.
|
Quick Reply