Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Burning Urine

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
ive noticed that a day or so after ive had sex with my boyfriend i have a burning pain whilst urinating, this stops when i drink about 2 litres of water for a couple of days then comes back.

i went to my gp and she prescribed me trimethoprim but it didnt work.

then today i felt as though i had thrush, like itchy internally and then excruciating pain passing urine and there was even blood present.
however, thats faded now after ive drank 2litres of water

what could this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Burning Urine
E.. wrote:
ive noticed that a day or so after ive had sex with my boyfriend i have a burning pain whilst urinating, this stops when i drink about 2 litres of water for a couple of days then comes back.

i went to my gp and she prescribed me trimethoprim but it didnt work.

then today i felt as though i had thrush, like itchy internally and then excruciating pain passing urine and there was even blood present.
however, thats faded now after ive drank 2litres of water

what could this be?

sounds like bladder infection with the blood in your urine,, or kidney.. Go back to the doc..
|

replied May 21st, 2007
yeah i went to the hospital today because its impossible to get a doctor appointment and she gave me different anti-biotics.

i thought it might be kidney problems but i have no back pain.

do any of these symptoms typically occur in a particular sti?

thanx
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
E.. wrote:
yeah i went to the hospital today because its impossible to get a doctor appointment and she gave me different anti-biotics.

i thought it might be kidney problems but i have no back pain.

do any of these symptoms typically occur in a particular sti?

thanx
The following symptoms could indicate a sexually transmitted infection. However, some infections, while still spreadable, may have no symptoms:

an unusual vaginal discharge in women or a discharge from the urethra (the tube that runs from the bladder to the tip of the penis) in men
in women - bleeding after intercourse or between periods
sores, blisters, warts, rashes, irritation or itching near the genitals or anus
pain on passing urine, or needing to pass urine more often
pain on intercourse
pelvic or lower abdominal pain

I think is is a kidney infection.. or bladder..
|

replied May 21st, 2007
yeah ive been with my partner for 2months and had a full std check 2weeks into it. however, i do suspect he's been unfaithful so i should go for another check
|

replied May 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
E.. wrote:
yeah ive been with my partner for 2months and had a full std check 2weeks into it. however, i do suspect he's been unfaithful so i should go for another check

Yes.

Also make him wear a condom. Every. Single. Time. Don't risk your health for some man, ever!

You sound like you are suffering from a urinary tract infection. The doctor should be checking your urine when you go in to be treated.
|

replied May 21st, 2007
Experienced User
it will also help if you urinate before and after intercourse...i dont' know why it would help but they say it does....good luck
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2007
Supporter
mia is right. urinating as soon as you can after sex will help prevent you from getting urinary track / bladder infections. this is because any bacteria that is pushed up your urethra during intercourse gets flushed out. i have had many an infection over the last year or so (with the same symptoms as you) and i have found that peeing after sex has pretty much cured this problem for me.

however if you suspect that he has been unfaithful then you would do good to get tested again for stis. you never know...
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I always pee after sex because if I don't, I get a uti. It feels like burning when you pee and feeling like you need to pee all the time. If you drink olots of water, it dilutes your pee so it doesn't hurt as much, drinking cranberry juice makes it feel better too. They should test your pee when you go in. If you don't have a UTI, I would guess it's an STD.
|

replied May 23rd, 2007
thank you all for ur help.
i find out tomorrow about another urine test i did, i just hope it comes back positive for some uti or il be off the sexual health clinic Smile
|

replied December 21st, 2009
man drink woman pee
what is that good if i am a man drinking woman pee before get the sex with her ?
|

replied November 28th, 2011
What did you find out when you went to the doctor? Im having the exact same thing, i had sex 2 days ago now it burns and im bleeding when i urinate, but i have no insurance...?
|