Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Using Regular Lotions During Sex?? How Bad Can That Be?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am freaking out cause my BF came over tonight, we planned on going at it. Been a while since we had anal, I had everything sitting on my night stand , the equate jelly and all . He made the mistake "hince it was kind of dark & we was full blown into it" HE PICKED UP my Vinella Milk lotion and use it for anal and intercourse... "I didn't notice it just felt damn good, so good I finally orgasmed more then once with him & both orgasm.." was amazing.. but I am totally worried about it ... didnt know he used it until I flipped on the light... POOR baby he was soo embassed so I didnt make a big deal of it... He like sorry , i was like its okay... I washed up and all... but I worried about one infection and two... when it said not to apply around eyes and lips... but there was no other warnings... HELPPPP.... I hear I shouldn't douche...... HOW BAD CAN IT GET>>>> i guess i am glad its not burning... i hope nothing bad happens. I know guys use lotions to get off with? Anyone? i guess i could laugh and say it's well lubricated and smells damn good down there... lol sorry had throw that in but SERIOUSLY I am worried...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper fssjohn
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Experienced User
Hmm, well I found something on the internet about it:

Is it safe to use things like petroleum jelly, whipped cream, cooking oil and body lotion as lubricant?

It's great that you're thinking of new ways to spice up your sack sessions, but stay away from items that are not specifically made for below-the-belt lubrication. The chemicals used in things like scented body lotion can cause vaginal irritation or even infection. Ditto for hard-to-wash-off oil- and petroleum-based products (like petroleum jelly), which trap bacteria. Plus, they can cause latex condoms to deteriorate, leaving you at risk for pregnancy and STDs.

That's for vaginal penetration but I'm assuming it would mean a similar thing for anal, so maybe see a doc.
Here's the link for that site if you want it:

http://magazines.ivillage.com/cosmopolitan /experts/carnal/qas/0,,638358_676557,00.ht ml
|

replied May 21st, 2007
Lion79 wrote:

It's great that you're thinking of new ways to spice up your sack sessions

Actually it was more of a MISTAKE... he picked up the lotion instead of the JELLY ... at least we can laugh about it lol... he still apologizing this morning for it .... my poor baby

but thanks so much for link ... ty for replying
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Experienced User
That bit was actually in the link, I didn't write that myself. I'm sure if it could be an infection or anything it would be unlikely to be serious and easily treated, so just reassure your boy and it's a mistake and these things happen!
|

replied May 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I think you'll be fine hun, I wouldn't worry about anything!! I've used shampoo in the shower before and been just fine Razz
|

replied May 22nd, 2007
most likely you'll be just fine. However, make sure you are only using substances that are safe for condoms. Many other substances will make the condom unusable. Make sure to only use products that are made for use with condoms. It should state if it is safe for condom use on the package.
|

replied October 28th, 2009
Anal Concerns
I introduced my gf to anal a couple of years ago. He lavender vanilla massage oil is about the only thing that will make her orgasm during anal sex. The best part is that it is totally natural. Bath & Body Works has a great one. It's called SLEEP Massage Oil. She has to be careful of infections and is extra sensitive due to endometriosis. It works great for her. No problems so far. We do anal play all the time. Assuming that neither partner is sick, saliva is usually an excellent medium for anal sex, as well.
|