Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

a Question For Pro-choice

User Profile
Would you vote for a presidental candidate that was strongly pro-life? Why or why not?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
That's not the only thing I pay attention to when considering a candidate, but I would be hesitant. I would want to vote for someone who believed in freedom and allowing women to make their own decisions. But as I said, it would depend on their other beliefs and ideals. If overall I agreed with their views (aside from abortion) I would vote for them.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
No.

Because a prolife standpoint invariably goes hand in hand with other viewpoints that I think are not based in any kind of reality whatsoever.

All but the most conservative candidates right now take a prochoice stance to get good with the voters who are increasingly alienated by the conservatives in office now. Who knows what they really mean. Bunch of power hungry, money grubbers.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Birch wrote:
No.

Because a prolife standpoint invariably goes hand in hand with other viewpoints that I think are not based in any kind of reality whatsoever.

All but the most conservative candidates right now take a prochoice stance to get good with the voters who are increasingly alienated by the conservatives in office now. Who knows what they really mean. Bunch of power hungry, money grubbers.


good point Birch,. They can say anything, But will they stand by what they say once they get elected?
pro-choice today, pro-life after election, and pro-life today pro-choice after the election.
Hard to tell isn't it?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I live in a state of fear from the government. They can say what they want, but in the end, money is all that really seems to matter.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
sillyakchick wrote:
I live in a state of fear from the government. They can say what they want, but in the end, money is all that really seems to matter.


*nods*

I hate that people are becoming familiar with Orwellian politics without even knowing who Orwell was.

I keep buying lottery tickets hoping to score that private island.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
2 legs gooood, 4 legs baaaad...... Shocked
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: a Question For Pro-choice
trina1 wrote:
Would you vote for a presidental candidate that was strongly pro-life? Why or why not?


it depends on what all of his/her other policies were. If I agreed with 90% of everything else they stood for, then I would elect them. I am not a 1-issue voter. That's a close-minded, petty way to vote. The government is far more complicated than that.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: a Question For Pro-choice
Eiri wrote:
trina1 wrote:
Would you vote for a presidental candidate that was strongly pro-life? Why or why not?


it depends on what all of his/her other policies were. If I agreed with 90% of everything else they stood for, then I would elect them. I am not a 1-issue voter. That's a close-minded, petty way to vote. The government is far more complicated than that.


they sure are.. one way before they are elected and some turn afterwards.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: a Question For Pro-choice
meblonde01 wrote:
Eiri wrote:
trina1 wrote:
Would you vote for a presidental candidate that was strongly pro-life? Why or why not?


it depends on what all of his/her other policies were. If I agreed with 90% of everything else they stood for, then I would elect them. I am not a 1-issue voter. That's a close-minded, petty way to vote. The government is far more complicated than that.


they sure are.. one way before they are elected and some turn afterwards.


Some do, that's why you have to look at how they did policies before they began running for office. See how they voted on issues in their local area in the past, check out their track record.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply