Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

Severe nausea but can't vomit

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
hello, im a newb here but i have monitored many of the ehealth boards for years. so i decided to join up and ask a question.

So ive been having this problem recently where it seems like nothing can make me vomit, even when i fell like i really need to. I occasionally get bouts of severe nausea and in past years i would normally get physically sick then almost immediately feel better. but these days i just cant seem to vomit, even if i try and "help" myself out i just gag a little and get nowhere..

I also do not vomit if i were to drink too much, this is not a common thing, but has happened before. and in recent years if i were to get sick i would feel so much better, but i just cant seem to do it. no matter how sick i feel whether it be from an illness, drinking, or just a bout of nausea that hits me.

anyone had any thoughts on this? id really like to figure out wth is going on!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 24th, 2009
I have the same problem! Have you heard any explanations?
|

replied November 26th, 2011
Me too, i've never been sick as far as I remember, I feel sick and start to wretch but I can never get anything up. Would love to know if anyone has a solution
|

replied September 18th, 2012
This could be a Mental Problem, or constantly worrying. Sometimes you don't even realise you're worrying. I also have this problem but it occurs at night. Go somewhere nice like the beach, river, your garden, lake or anywhere that makes you feel good. Tell yourself there is nothing to worry about, because its silly!
See a counciler. Nausea can also be caused by lack of sleep or not drinking enough water or eating enough food. Dont make yourself throw up because tjat is letting the problem win. Hope i helped! I am only twelve.
|

replied July 4th, 2013
i have not vomited since i was about 6 yrs old. i remember the way it felt and tasted. i think i am afraid to. there for i have turned off the ability. i just cant no matter how hard i try. had the flu this week and knew if i threw up id feel better. instead my sickness lasted way longer and was much more intense than the rest of my family. i dont wish this on anyone.
|
Quick Reply