Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

What's the Correct Way to Do It Doggy Style?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Like.... I've always wanted to try it, but to be honest, when it came to having sex, it just..... isn't natural to try new things....

So what is the "correct way" to go about doing this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
There isn't really a "correct" way to go about doing things when it comes to having sex. You can certainly try new things if you want to. If you want to try that position in particular, the man is behind, the woman is in front. Not sure how else to explain it without being too sexually explicit. If you want to try it, go for it. It isn't too difficult to figure out once you're actually trying it.
|

replied May 19th, 2007
Experienced User
so long as you insert it in the appropriate hole, i think you're fine!
|

replied May 20th, 2007
paul995 wrote:

assuming that you're referring to the vagina, is it still possible to do it with the doggy style as the vagina is in front...
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
uniteen wrote:
paul995 wrote:

assuming that you're referring to the vagina, is it still possible to do it with the doggy style as the vagina is in front...

Yes, doggy style still refers to putting the penis in the vagina. Doggy style is not the same as anal sex.
|

replied November 21st, 2011
but u also can do anal as doggystyle, doing it doggystyle feels better than doing it normal he can hit it harder and it feels alot better and it goes deeper.
|

replied May 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
If your partner is in the position for doggy style (her on her hands and knees, with her head up or perhaps on a pillow) then the anus and vagina are more in a "stacked" position, with the anus on top and the vagina on the bottom, like book shelves.
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: What's the Correct Way to Do It Doggy Style?
ughsortaconfused wrote:
Like.... I've always wanted to try it, but to be honest, when it came to having sex, it just..... isn't natural to try new things....

So what is the "correct way" to go about doing this?
To make it easier (till you get the hang of it) I would get on all fours first, lean down on my elbows, arch my back (raising my rear end up) so that the angle is right, and let him enter you from behind. Don't move much at first to make sure that he isn't going to slip out or something.

If that seems a little too risque, you could always try it laying side by side in the spooning position with him behind you. That one's pretty easy to do, and nice too because you can still cuddle.
|

replied May 23rd, 2007
Well
There is no correct way, but my favorite way is lying down with apillow under my stomach to help raise the end a bit. Have fun!
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It might be more natural to you if you start in the spooning position (easier with your top leg up, on top of his) and kind've roll over so you are facing the bed and he is on top, then work your way up so you are on your knees.

It's one of my favorites.
|

replied October 25th, 2009
One has to be an expert in yoga to do this. The man has to stand on his head, leg high up and straight. The woman has to clutch her hands to a hook hanging down from the ceiling. It is then possible to do get it right. A hugely flexible body and some practice, you can do it exactly Doggy style
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yoga4Sex wrote:
One has to be an expert in yoga to do this. The man has to stand on his head, leg high up and straight. The woman has to clutch her hands to a hook hanging down from the ceiling. It is then possible to do get it right. A hugely flexible body and some practice, you can do it exactly Doggy style

???
No, not right.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Llewellyn wrote:
Yes, doggy style still refers to putting the penis in the vagina. Doggy style is not the same as anal sex.

Nothing about the doggy position explicitly indicates which orifice is being used. It's simply a position that two bodies are in during intercourse
|

replied October 15th, 2011
What if you are laying flat down with your whole body lying face down in a straight line on the bed (pelvis and legs flat on the mattress)and he still enters from behind to get to the front? Is that more difficult? Is that "wrong"?
|

replied October 15th, 2011
Community Volunteer
No it is not 'wrong'. There are no right or wrong when it comes to sex. Whatever you both agree to and enjoy is 'right'. If it is difficult, she can put a pillow under her pelvis to lift her behind off the bed/floor and provide easier access to him.

Doggy stye is named after the way dogs have sex. It is normally the woman kneeling on 'all fours' (knees and hands), with the man kneeling behind her between her legs and entering her vagina (or anus for anal sex) from behind. The women can also drop her head and upper body onto the bed/floor.
|

replied November 21st, 2011
doggystyle
i think doogystlye is easy and i enjoy it with my wife i like to stand to do it but i try not to slide on my feet big people has a hard doing it
|
Quick Reply