Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Stomach aches after sex : pregnancy or stress ?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
MY girlfriend and I had sex for the first time last week, and 2 days later started getting bad stomach aches that keep coming and going. According to her she is supposed to start her period on saturday (10 days after we had sex).

Could these stomach aches mean she is pregnant? or could it even be stress? I am just confused.... and worried. And help is appreciated Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Tylanas
|

replied May 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: a Question About My Girlfriend
ughsortaconfused wrote:
MY girlfriend and I had sex for the first time last week, and 2 days later started getting bad stomach aches that keep coming and going. According to her she is supposed to start her period on saturday (10 days after we had sex).

Could these stomach aches mean she is pregnant? or could it even be stress? I am just confused.... and worried. And help is appreciated Smile

She would not be feeling any symptoms right now. She needs to test as soon as her period is due or late.

Did you use a condom? Is she on birth control? You do know that unprotected sex can make a baby, even the first time?
|

replied May 17th, 2007
I do understand that a baby can be made on the first time.

I used a condom, and she was not on birthcontrol.

What I dont understand is, whats going on then? Her aches have been going on for days.
|

replied May 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ughsortaconfused wrote:
I do understand that a baby can be made on the first time.

I used a condom, and she was not on birthcontrol.

What I dont understand is, whats going on then? Her aches have been going on for days.

They are probably caused by something unrelated to pregnancy or sex, and it's a coincidence that it has happened now.

She could be constiaped, have a flu, or a whole bunch of things.

If the condom didn't break or slip off and if you saw the semen collected in it at the tip, then she should be safe.
|

replied May 17th, 2007
Alright thank you... she's going to wait until saturday when she's supposed to have her period, and if not she's going to try a pregnancy test. if she has it, she's going to the doctor regardless.
|

replied May 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ughsortaconfused wrote:
Alright thank you... she's going to wait until saturday when she's supposed to have her period, and if not she's going to try a pregnancy test. if she has it, she's going to the doctor regardless.

If she has her period she's still going to a doctor? That's a good idea. Since she is now sexually active she needs to go get a pap smear and some birth control pills.
|

replied May 18th, 2007
Well she wants to figure out what is wrong with her stomach, assuming it's not from sex. She's also planning on getting some sort of birth control in the very recent future
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2007
Experienced User
since her period is starting on saturday.. maybe its PMS cramps?
|

replied May 19th, 2007
well she hasn't started her period yet today.... and today's supposed to be the day.... if i get any more information that I need discussed i'll let you ugys know
|

replied May 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ughsortaconfused wrote:
well she hasn't started her period yet today.... and today's supposed to be the day.... if i get any more information that I need discussed i'll let you ugys know

One day late isn't really something to be worrying about. three or four days, then worry.
|

replied February 9th, 2009
Could these stomach aches mean she is pregnant?
She has a uterus infection.
I had that before from having sex so I went to the doctor and she did a pelvic examination.
I got my Uterus infection during my honeymoon.
DEF:
You will find information here. It states:

Urinary tract infections typically occur when bacteria enter the urinary tract through the urethra and begin to multiply in the bladder. The urinary system has infection-fighting properties that inhibit the growth of bacteria and is designed to keep out such microscopic invaders. However, certain factors increase the chances that bacteria will enter the urinary tract, take hold and multiply into a full-blown infection.

Having bacteria in the urine doesn't always signify an infection. Some people, especially older adults, may have bacteria in the urine without any signs or symptoms of infection. This condition, known as asymptomatic bacteriuria, doesn't need treatment.

Cystitis may occur in women after sexual intercourse. But even girls and women who aren't sexually active are susceptible to lower urinary tract infections because the anus is so close to the female urethra. Most cases of cystitis are caused by Escherichia coli (E. coli), a species of bacteria commonly found in the gastrointestinal tract.

Best Wishes
|

replied November 11th, 2011
i have a question i am having weird symptoms in my stomach
i have already had my period and i was also on the pill ... could i still be preg? i did a preg test at home and came out negative... worried i could still be preg....
|

replied November 24th, 2011
i and my boyfriend made out.we had sex without protection but he pulled out of me before cumming.he just entered me for 10 seconds..my period will start after 20 days.so my ovulation period has not yet started.i am having a little pain in my stomach.my boyfriend thinks its gas problem but i am not too sure.can i be pregnant?.
|

replied March 7th, 2012
looking for an answer
Hey so what happened with your Girlfriend??
what was her result?
did her late period and stomach pains? what did they mean?
was she pregnant?
|

replied April 28th, 2012
having pains
Ok i was ovulation and was having sex with no condoms and wanted to know if i was pregnant my feet are sown i feel sick to my stomach all the time i cant hardly eat without getting sick i have took three pregnancy test all came negative so please help me i need an answer thanks i was ovulation on the 13 and had sex then not my first time its been more than once and then again tonite
|

replied August 6th, 2012
i have abdominal pains after i had sex any advice
Okay I had sex for the first time a couple days ago and didn't use a condom at all. We had sex twice and now I feel pain in my lower stomach I feel like I have to go bathroom but its just gas and I felt a little sick any ideas to what's going.on?
Help please
|