Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Round Red Raised Spots On Back And Stomach

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I had a rash when I was around 16 that looked like ringworm but it wasn't.
Several started on my back, although they are not itchy they are really embaressing . I took a cortisone shot about a year after they started since I couldn't get a diagnosis and it helped for awhile, but now they are worse and seem to be spreading to my stomach area. They don't seem as big but there are more of them. I really wish someone knew what they were!!
I really feel disgusting when I look at them. They seem to be more noticeable after I get hot or get out of the shower. Please help!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 15th, 2009
Rash on torso
We get something in San Diego on the upper body, back and front which is a fungus. We treat it with Selsen Blue Dandruff shampoo. It looks like pink blotches in various sizes up to about the size of a nickle. Sometimes the spots can look like lack of pigment if you have a tan. Put the Selsen Blue directly on the skin like lotion, let dry and wash off when bathing and reapply. Should see improvement in 2 weeks or sooner. This usually reoccurs, I always have one or two under my breast creases and my son gets it from surfing and sweating on his back.
|

replied May 4th, 2010
red spots are??
A friend of mine has many red spots(bump) that look like acne about 1 mm size on his back. They are not itchy. At first there were only few, but now there more and more. He said it might be the body wash the cause of this. What these red spots(bump) really are?
|

replied March 1st, 2011
i have the same thing as the person on the top of page lumpy spots when they fade the leave a mark like ring worm wonder if you have got something for them
|

replied July 8th, 2011
Fast way to get rid of round fungal spots on trunk and neck.
I get these! Lotrimin 4 applications over 2 days (morning and night - after a shower) and they go away. They do scar if you leave them though, and they are a total pain to deal with, and yes embarrassing on the beach. I'd suggest you use a fresh clean towel every single time you dry off after a shower - one that hasn't been on the floor or used previously. If you are like me you are just more susceptible to this kind of fungal infection.

The anti-fungal pill works too (diflucan).
|