Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Constant Joint Shifting And Cracking

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
The joints in my back constantly shift and need to be set throughout the day. All throughout the day I will have to push on my back to crack it in place, or spin in a chair, or twist my neck. I have been to doctor and chiropractor with no results. Chiropractor said there is a lot of tenseness in the muscles in my upper right back. This has been going on for months now. I also have to crack my elbows/fingers/knees throughout the day, and have weakness in my knees. I am not sure if this is due to muscles being tensed and squeezing on my spine, or muscles being weak and needing strengthening, or something else altogether. Its not just slight cracks either, ill get the feeling that my spine or neck is out of place, and have to forcefully pop it back. Im 21 years old and this is preventing me from pursuing school/careers due to the constant discomfort. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2008
hi
i feel totally the same way...im constantly popping and cracking my back to relive me from pain

and i often have a burning tense sensation in my shoulders..its horrible...im 17 and ive had it since i was 11

im always cracking my fingers,toes and neck aswell and im afraid my bones are weak, My posture isnt very good and it kills it stand up straght. it looks like you and me have the same sorta symptoms and im sorry i cant help you because im lost myself!

but if anything does work for you or any good advice is given, would you mind leaving me a message with a recommendation please because this pain is affecting my life!

help!! =[
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
I've recently been feeling the same way and have been looking it up excessively online because it doesn't seem normal. Here's what I've learned:
1) You should not force your back to pop. It can lead to scoliosis and other back issues later in life. If your back truly needs to pop it will pop on it's own.
2) You're not actually realigning your back. If you think you are it can lead to an obsession with popping your back when it's in your head and your back doesn't need to pop.
3) You should see a chiropractor if you're not forcing your back to pop and it pops constantly with typical movements.
4) You need to fix your posture if it's bad.
5) Try laying on the floor with your legs bent over a chair to relieve pain rather than popping your back. It helps a lot.
6) Put a pillow under your back when you sleep as it can relieve pain due to sleeping weird.

Don't know if that helps, but I hope it does.
|

replied February 20th, 2011
I have an identical or very similar condition and have found some lasting improvement with the ABC (Advanced Biostructural Correction) Chiropractic Method.
|