Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Fatigue, Nausea, Bathroom Issues?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
My overall symptoms include general fatigue (sometimes to the extent that I can't walk), also nausea (all the time, my stomach always hurts), and frequent bathroom visits (bowel movements).

It dosen't matter how much I sleep...I'm still always tired.

I've had these symptoms which have been getting progressively worse, for maybe 4 years now. The fatigue is to the point where I can't make it through the day if I don't stop and take a nap. The nausea is to the point where I vomit every morning when I awaken, and sometimes during the day. I also cough a lot, normally a very deep loud cough.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of whatever this is? Or does anyone perhaps know what it might be? 23 year old male, formerly 100% healthy.

Mike
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'd go to a doctor immediately before you keel over from malnutrition or something worse! You might have a contagious disease. You might have a congenital disorder. Whatever it is, you need to fisit a doctor immediately and tell him everything you told us. We can't fix you over the internet. A doctor can give you medicine, perfom tests, etc.
|

replied May 15th, 2007
Eiri wrote:
I'd go to a doctor immediately before you keel over from malnutrition or something worse! You might have a contagious disease. You might have a congenital disorder. Whatever it is, you need to fisit a doctor immediately and tell him everything you told us. We can't fix you over the internet. A doctor can give you medicine, perfom tests, etc.

Went to the doctor already, all that he tested for was thyroid disease. People seem to think this is all in my head, but it's actually the thing I want to get rid of the most in my life. I think I need a full blood workup, but the doc dosen't seem to think that's the right thing to do.

Any suggestions folks?
|

replied May 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
JDoe1 wrote:
Eiri wrote:

Went to the doctor already, all that he tested for was thyroid disease. People seem to think this is all in my head, but it's actually the thing I want to get rid of the most in my life. I think I need a full blood workup, but the doc dosen't seem to think that's the right thing to do.

Any suggestions folks?

Force your doctor. It is your body and your right. He can't lawfully refuse you any treatment unless it is harmful, and a full blood work up isn't harmful. I hope I don't see you on .medical .mysteries years from now!
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
Have you ever been tested for hiv?
|

replied May 16th, 2007
Jaydensmommy wrote:
Have you ever been tested for hiv?

No, but this is highly unlikely...I've had only one sexual partner in my life, and it's a female. And I had no sexual partner until I was 21. I've never done drugs, and the only contact with needles I've had was through immunizations at the doctor's office.

I don't work in the medical field, so no direct exposure to blood-bourne pathogens...

On a side note, at the suggestion of another, I began taking Iron supplements recently. There's been a noticeable difference in the way I feel, namely, I seem to have more energy. Is it true that an iron deficiency can cause some of my symptoms?

As for my stomach problems, it may be what I eat sometimes...I don't know what the deal is with my bathroom issues though...possibly an allergy I guess.

Anyone have further suggestions?
|

User Profile
replied May 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
like eiri suggested, you should respeak to your doctor and tell them how concered you are. you could always consider changing your doctor....
|