Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Swollen Gland Nose Stuffy

Hi all. I have had a persistent stuffy nose wth post nasal drip for almost a year now.

i seen a doc who without doing a scan said i needed surgery.
I have a huge swollen gland on the side of my neck that has been here for five months.

Anyone have any idea if this is sinus related?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2007
Experienced User
First get a second opinion. Surgery should always be a last resort. Usually it's a swollen lymph node in the side of the neck. This could indicate an infection. Could be other things but see another doc. Go see an ENT physician. That's their specialty
|

replied June 23rd, 2009
Well, in all honesty, it doesn't sound like you have the cold. There are several things you could have. Have you been feeling nauseous as well? Well anyways, to me it sounds more like you have the beginnings (or end) of Strep. There is also the possibility of it being a severe attack from your allergies; apparently this year the pollen count is absolutely awful.
Anyways:
If it's Strep, then the only thing you can do is go to your doctor and get the right antibiotics, you should be good in about ten days after your first dose (that is unless you have a very small case)--don't forget to eat some yogurt while your on antibiotics unless you want to get a nasty yeast infection.
If it's allergies, find out what allergie medicine works best for you, and start with small doses of it; also, avoid going outside for frivoulous reasons, and if you have a pet, try not to make to much contact with it (pets tend to carry a lot of pollen on them after going outside).
|

replied April 2nd, 2010
do i have a cold ??
my friend has a lump on his neck.... and a few days after i got sick... i have a stuffy nose when im inside the house, and outside my nose runs, on one side of my neck i am really sore.... when i sniffle my neck hurts even whorse!!! my eyes have been watering, and after riding in the car i felt as if i was going to throw up... i even have a headach i have been sick on and off the whole winter...... but i have noticed that other people are sick now after being around my friend with the lump..... do any of you guys know what is wrong !!!!! i feel terrible !!!!
|

replied April 4th, 2012
Answer
Lymph is boogers. So a lymph nodes job is to clean those boogers and make them runny rather than like those dry clumpy boogers you pull out of your nose.

If you constantly have congestion and runny then your body has tooooo many clumpy boogers on the inside. This usually occurs in the spring for 2 reasons. 1. The weather gets warm but the air is still very dry so when people go outside dressed like its summer it is actually drying up the body because of the extra exposed skin. And because the skin dries up and the lymph dries up then it starts to get clumpy on the inside like dry boogers. 2. The weather could be getting more humid so all that dry lymph from the winter time now is getting hydrated within the bod and it is swelling up.

So basically both of these issues have the same resolution. You want to alternate between drinking lemon water alone to break down those dry boogers and then you want to have a quality protein like fish or chicken along side of that lemon juice to supply your body with new clean lymph that will continually push out those old balls of boogers out of the body. Once all those dry boogers have been pushed out of the station all you have left is clean flowing boogers and lymph and your constant congestion should go away.

But remember to keep hydrated with water daily and to also have a emon water or orange juice or a bunch of strawberrys alone and not with other food that way it can run thru the body and break down those dry booges daily rather than having to play catch up months later.
|