Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Bumps On Gentials

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have these small brown colored bumps on the lips of my gentials. i'm worried that it could be warts, but i have had a pap done and it was returned clean. my boyfriend has nothing like this on him i'm worried!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
There are many types of hpv. Some strands of which cause genital warts (types 6 and 11) and other strands can cause abnomalities such as abnormal paps, cancer, etc. Having a pap done will not detect genital warts unless the examiner noticed them with his/her eye and the solution they use to help detect the warts. So your pap could come back completely normal and you could still have genital warts. Especially outter warts. I would def. get checked out again. Did you have these spots when you got examined? I would think any gyno would have noticed them???
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Like Jayden said, paps aren't testing for warts. So having a clean pap does not really have anything to do with having warts. The only way your doctor would know if you had warts is if she saw them during your exam. So if you had them during your exam, and they are noticeable, it does seem like the doctor would have said something. Either way, I would schedule another exam if you have to and ask about them.

For future reference, there are all kinds of STDs that people can have without showing symptoms. So never assume that if your boyfriend looks clean, he is clean. Looking clean has nothing to do with being clean.
|

replied May 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
.alot of people have bumps on their labias and in their genital area. .i would have it checked visually by your doctor if you are very worried about it.
|
Quick Reply