Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Brown Discharge

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
i have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he has been nutting inside me. well 10 days after the first time he did it i had brown discharge for 2 days and it stopped. then when my period was due..it didnt come so i thought i must be pregnant but i took tests and they came out negative and then i started what seemed to be my period two weeks late and then yesterday i had the brown discharge. and its been about 10 days since the end of my last period. what do you think is happening?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 14th, 2007
Experienced User
I hope this info helps:

**Different Types of Discharge

White: Thick, white discharge is common at the beginning and end of your cycle. Normal white discharge is not accompanied by itching. If itching is present, thick white discharge can indicate a yeast infection.

Clear and stretchy: This is "fertile" mucous and means you are ovulating.

Clear and watery: This occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising.

Yellow or Green: May indicate an infection, especially if thick or clumpy like cottage cheese or has a foul odor.

***Brown: May happen right after periods, and is just "cleaning out" your vagina. Old blood looks brown.***

***Spotting Blood/Brown Discharge: This may occur when you are ovulating/mid-cycle. Sometimes early in pregnancy you may have spotting or a brownish discharge at the time your period would normally come. If you have spotting at the time of your normal period rather than your usual amount of flow, and you have had sex without using birth control, you should check a pregnancy test.***
|
Users who thank wantingajr for this post: singer2357  singer2357  singer2357 

replied July 13th, 2010
Do you think i may be pregnant?
I usually get my periods every 50 - 60 days wiered i know. Me and my husband have been having unprotected sex for 52 days and yes every day Smile and i havnt got my period, but yesterday i thought i got it because a little bit of brown discharge came out i woke up this morning and i havnt got my period just brown discharge when i wipe. Ive been reading on these forums that it could be inplantation bleeding. I am not on the pill i have sore breasts and they look slightly larger my tummy is bloated and my skin has cleared up and i normally get a huge zit before my period but im glowing. Could this be inplantation bleeding. ? Its only been happening 2 days now and ive booked apppointment with docs in 2 days. I hope i am pregnant but this is my first time trying so i dont know what to expect. I did take a preg test 2 weeks ago and it was neg but i am due for period now soooo if it is imlantation bleeding it would have been impsossible for me to be preg 2 weeks ago, dont you think?. I dont know why i thought i may be preg 2 weeks ago....What do you guys think? Do you think i may be pregnant? by the way we stopped having sex about 5 days ago for a bit of a break.... so i dont think it could be due to intercourse.
|