Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Sore Throat, No Tonsils.

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
For the past three days my throat has been sore. When I looked inside my mouth today I saw white patches on the left side, top of my mouth. Also, the back of my throat looked bumpy. THe white patch begins a little bit above my tongue and is spread out till it reaches my uvula. When I swallow, I feel a sharp stinging pain on the right side of my throat. I don't feel like my throat is swollen, it just hurts very badly. I don't have my tonsils anymore, I had peritonsillar cellulitis about four years ago and had to get them removed. My biggest concern is I've been a smoker for 6 years (unfortunately). I'm only 21, but is it possible the smoking is catching up to me already?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Jaydensmommy
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
it sounds like tonsilitis to me. i didn't think you could get it if your tonsils had ben removed. you should go and see your doctor to find out what it is.

good luck
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago and I had my tonsils removed in June of last year. It was strep throat. That causes the white patches in the back of your throat, etc.
|

replied November 29th, 2009
how about me with silent reflux, no one seems to even know what that is!...losec isnt helping anymore, my throat feels like ive swallowed mini cheese graters...(have no tonsils), im over this!! should stop eating chocolate and drinking fizzy drinks!
|