Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Bloody Diarrhea And Abdominal Pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Today my husband has been pooping blood, liek just blood, he told me to take al ook and it is just like blood mixed with toilet water so it looks pink and blood on the toilet paper, bright red, he also has abdominal pain in the middle area of his stomach and upper right quadrant, he might have eaten bad ribs last night that were slightly undercooked, should he go to the hospital or wait till tomorow and go to the clinic? I told him to go to the hospital but dunno if he should go now?
Also to add he told me the bloody stool has been going on and off for a coupel weeks now but today hes had the abdominal pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Bloody Diarrhea And Abdominal Pain
tinkinpink84 wrote:
Today my husband has been pooping blood, liek just blood, he told me to take al ook and it is just like blood mixed with toilet water so it looks pink and blood on the toilet paper, bright red, he also has abdominal pain in the middle area of his stomach and upper right quadrant, he might have eaten bad ribs last night that were slightly undercooked, should he go to the hospital or wait till tomorow and go to the clinic? I told him to go to the hospital but dunno if he should go now?
Also to add he told me the bloody stool has been going on and off for a coupel weeks now but today hes had the abdominal pain.

does he says that the bowel movement is painful. I'm thinking if it might be in term of an annal fissure or hemorroids. Typically this is the case when there is bright red blood. It doesn't sound to me like food poisoning if it's boing going for weeks because if that were the case he would be hospitalized by now.
|

User Profile
replied May 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
he has no pain having bowel movements, that hes told me anyways. They did a test with something they stuck up his butt to detect the presence of blood wich came back posotive for blood, they cant find anything else so they gave him meds for hemmroids, but he hasnt taken the stool softners . its hard enough to get him to use the other stuff they gave him. Men suck, but at least hes finally gone to the dr i had to practically beg him to go in.
|