Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Aspirin Paste For Pimples?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I heard that crushed aspirin mixed with a bit of water (to form a paste) is a good remedy for pimples. Is this true?
Or are there other more effective home remedies? Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2007
hmm...I know that taking aspirin will help with the inflammation of pimples but never heard about it being applied to the skin. I guess its worth a try.
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
Our daughter used Witch Hazel, its an astringent you can buy at Walmart. Her great grandmother told her about this "ancient" secret, which seemed to keep her oily skin cleared up.

She also used colgate toothpaste on a "zit" and overnight it was 90% healed.

Drink at least 2 liters of water a day for great skin!

Hope this helps!
|

replied May 15th, 2012
i just heard about this on the show the dr's so i would say it is very true, i am going to give it a try
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2012
I buy cheap aspirin (cheaper way to get BHA than the BHA gel I used to buy) and crush them with mortar or under a rolling pin into a fine powder to gring away the coating that keeps them from breaking down. Then I mix with honey which is a natural astringent and healing salve. I rub on and leave for about 10 mins or whenever I feel sticky too long and then I get in the shower and let the hot steam open my facial pores for about 5 mins before removing. Works great and the honey keeps the aspirin from drying me out too much.
|
Quick Reply