Medical Questions > Nutrition > Atkins Diet Forum

Hcg Diet (Page 1)

I am currently on the hcg diet. before anyone screams and hollers- let me say, I am not ordering hcg from some overseas pharmacy and going crazy in my at-home lab! My doctor prescribed the same hcg I used when I was trying to get pregnant and I am once again doing the injections myself at home only in a much smaller dosage. I am losing weight very steadily at a rate of 1.5 lbs a day, which I'm thrilled about. I've read that some people are doing the hcg diet while sticking to the atkins diet, which I guess the only difference would be ADDING fat to the simeons hcg diet protocol? The hcgdietinfo.com site says this isn't healthy and I'm actually feeling pretty good living on vegetables and fruit, even if I'm only eating very little, but it's sooooo hard to eat with my family and have to cook separately. I have probably 2 more cycles to go (I have a lot to lose) and at this point, either my kids are going to have to become vegetable eaters, or I'm going to have to be allowed cheese in a few weeks! Is anyone else on the hcg diet? Or been on the hcg diet? What did you eat when you went out into the real world?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper daniellej1
|
Users who thank daniellej1 for this post: Lorae 

replied May 15th, 2007
According to Dr. Simeons Manuscript On the Hcg Diet...
I would not do atkins on the HCG diet. If you read the original manuscript by Dr Simeons it explains the importance of sticking to the outlined 500 cal diet. If you're going to change it at all, I would say to do so by adding more vegetables. I find that works best and I feel really healthy.
|

replied January 3rd, 2012
If I keep calories under 500 and not eat fruit, I wonder if the diet works with more fat calories. I am used to the Nora Gegaudas primal body-Primal Mind protocal, similar to Atkins but absolutely organic and healthy with pretty much zero carbs, not counting fiber. Since both diets cause ketosis, fat burning, i don't understand why not. (I lost 10 lbs doing just very very low carb diet in ketosis). Also, I wonder if having a single 1 oz. glass of wine would hurt. Maybe I will try it and report back. More vegies would probably be ok too as long as they are green type and keep the calorie count at 500. I did hcg diet recently but kind of blew it during holidays, lost and gained back about 6 lbs during holidays. At least I didn't gain. I probably should have waited to start instead of wasting the hcg homeopathic pills. I do need to finish reading Simeons booklet that I just got. I previously only had the actual diet I got online. I wonder if I should fat load again or just go for it?
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Hcg Diet
I have an appt to check out the HCG Diet plan. I have no idea what to expect. It seems that nothing I do results in permanent weight loss. I did Atkins and lost weight, but as soon as I began to "re-introduce" foods the weight was re-introduced as well. Could you tell me what to expect and if or why you gained your weight back? Thanks for the info.
|

replied July 13th, 2007
Hcg Diet Success!
How did your hcg weight loss appointment go? I finished my last round of the diet shots and I'm down almost 30 lbs. I went from a size 18 to a size 9/10 and I really look great if I do say so myself. I've been emailing with the editor of hcg diet info and following her advice on exercise- she lost something like 80 lbs on the hcg diet and says what makes the hcg diet act as a "cure" for obesity, is that it modifies your behavior. I must say, I believe this to be true. I thought the minute I finished the diet, I'd be looking for the nearest pizza parlor. Instead, I'm actually craving vegetables for the first time in my life! I'm also finding it very easy to exercise and am happy to go for a brisk walk with my dogs or hit the treadmill periodically throughout the day. It's really a breeze when you're fit and feel great!
|

replied December 14th, 2007
i lost 65lbs in 8 weeks on hcg thru native healing ways in lavergne tenn they are very good people and have locations all around.they helped me lose my weight they gave me all the counciling i needed. there diet is easy to do and it dosnt take long before i wasn't even hungry.so if anyone needs to lose that's the place to go.thanks patricka
|

replied December 14th, 2007
has anyone whose already lost weight on the hcg diet put there weight back on im just wondering if i will put my weight back on
|

replied April 2nd, 2008
simeons hcg atkins
HI. I may not have time to continue on this forum. I see that postings are few and far apart. I wonder if I will get any replies.

I am MD - 61 yrs old - fought with weight since age 5. Tried lots of stuff - "best" way for me to lose has been Atkins. I recently heard about and have been studying Simeons's stuff. Began shots 4 wks ago... GREAT! I originally wonderd if it would lead to ketosis... found out it does. But as someone above says - the differnce is Atkins allows lots of fat - simeons's is extremely low fat AND low calorie. To me, there are major differences - some for sure and some hopeful - Simeons's mobilizes fat from a deeply stored area that is unavailable for metabolism any other way (that I know of), "resets" hypothalamus, supposedly destroys the fat cells in the deep area and this will (hopefully) get rid of the chemicals fat cells produce to cause us to crave and binge to refill them.

BTW - I also just read Trudeau's book "The weight loss diet 'they' don't want you to know about." I think he is super conspiracy oriented, but overall I really agree with him. I have NOT been super into "alternative" therapies and have been very opposed to diagnoses like "leaky gut syndrome" and "candida syndrome" " sluggish liver" and so on. Now I am not so sure. I do think the AMA MD profession is highly brainwashed and tries to suppress anything they cannot or do not control

In Trudeau's book, he talks about phase 1 of a 4 phase diet, where Simeons's two parts of protocol are phase 2 and 3. Phase 1 is liver cleanse and candida cleanse and bunch of other stuff. He says if you do phase 1 for 30 to 60 days before you begin Simeons's, you will do much better.

IF there really is such a thing as "sluggish liver" and "candida syndrome" (and I am coming over to this side), this protocol get rid of them (to some extent) and I can see that would help remarkably in using Simeons's protocol.

Wishing you all the best, Paul
|

replied April 10th, 2008
hcg diet
I would like to add that in my opinion and based on my experience, that items that Kevin calls Phase 1 i.e. liver cleanse, Candida cleanse, colon cleanse, organic eating, nutritional supplements, all things that get and keep the toxins out of our bodies are extremely important on the Simeons protocol (HCG diet). What they do is help tremendously with keeping the weight off after the protocol, and they do that by allowing the body to have improved chemical processing (as opposed to disruptions). I have pursued them for over five years in attempts to lose weight. Now I did not lose weight on any of those items, no diet would help me lose weight until I used Simeon's and no exercise program helped either. After the Simeon's protocol, I did not gain back any weight, unlike many that use the protocol. This I attribute to cleaning the toxins out of my system, so they do not influence the hypothalamus glands' manager of processes including weight. I also want to add that my weight problems started after I had several operations on the female body parts. I have heard this as a broken record on many forums. "I had a weight problem in the 1970, I went to a weight loss clinic and they gave me HCG, I lost all the weight and kept it off for many years until three years ago I had a hysterectomy, I gained fifty pounds and now I am trying to lost the weight I gained. I cannot find a weight lose clinic in my area, does any one know of one?"

So my theory is that operations can cause trauma to the hypothalamus gland that is in control of automatic processes, the gland then needs HCG to give it a rest period of a minimum of 23 days for the gland to recover. Too bad we are not just given a round of HCG after operations as common practice. That way I would have not had to go through many difficult years of struggling with diets and exercise programs to just fail and get discouraged and worry more about the state of my health.

Yes a 500 calorie diet, which I did for 1 year, did not help we lose weight, not even temporarily. So much for the saying ,”Yes we all would lose weight on a 500 calorie diet whether we were using hcg or not” Atkins which I did for many years was a joke for weight loss, I could eat more and not gain weight but never helped with the first LB of loss. So Simons’s is the one and only thing that worked for me and it worked amazingly well, lost the weight and did not gain it back, can eat anything I want and I do not gain it back. Eat a lot more food that all those years of starvation and still do not gain it back. I feel great, I have a lot of energy, and I burn a lot of calories effortlessly. Plus after the first week, I had not hunger, so how hard is that diet to stay on.

So for all you not believers, you can struggle and get discouraged, hate your weight problem, feel weak unhealthy deprived or you can do it the way that works. Believe me if it works for me it will work for anyone. This choice is yours to make. Do not just do the Simeons but also do the phase 1 and do that for the rest of your life. Think about what you have to lose if you DONOT do it. This is an opportunity to rid yourself of your weight problems once and for all.
|

replied April 10th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
A 500 calorie a day diet is unhealthy. Anyone only taking in 500 calories will lose weight whether they take HCG injections or not.

I'm interested in where this HCG comes from. Do they milk pregnant women for their hormones?

ETA: I just looked it up. It is extracted from the urine of pregnant women. I would rather stick to a diet than inject or swallow something that was once urine.
|

replied October 3rd, 2012
Fat is unhealthy
It is significantly MORE unhealthy to carry around even ten pounds of fat over your normal weight. The daily stress on your organs and endocrine system takes years off your life. The food that we eat that makes us fat also poisons our bodies. I guarantee that 3 weeks of organic fresh food at 500 calories a day is better than 2 days of eating nothing but poison!
It's 3 weeks people! Most people learn more in this 3 weeks about food and health than they have in a lifetime. Has anyone ever heard of the cabbage diet? Medical doctors put cardiac patients on this radical diet of nothing but cabbage for a week before heart surgery. By the way the drops are not made of urine, the drops are homeopathic which is a whole other lesson. As for the injections, it's the same solution as the one they use to help women get pregnant and for adolescent grown issues. I'm guessing not as bad for you as cigarettes OT even a trip to Dairy Queen. Just sayin.
|

replied April 11th, 2008
Ok do not take my word for it. Why don't you go to yahoo groups, type in hcg and look at the 1000's of people that have lost over 100 LBS, some could only lose weight with this method and also how it is different this method is from other programs. You may be surprised.
|

replied April 21st, 2008
Ingi wrote:
A 500 calorie a day diet is unhealthy. Anyone only taking in 500 calories will lose weight whether they take HCG injections or not.

I'm interested in where this HCG comes from. Do they milk pregnant women for their hormones?

ETA: I just looked it up. It is extracted from the urine of pregnant women. I would rather stick to a diet than inject or swallow something that was once urine.

You may want to check your lotions, shampoos and any cosmetics for Urea as it is in many products. Just an FYI...
|

replied April 21st, 2008
cornsilk123 wrote:
Ok do not take my word for it. Why don't you go to yahoo groups, type in hcg and look at the 1000's of people that have lost over 100 LBS, some could only lose weight with this method and also how it is different this method is from other programs. You may be surprised.

There will always be doubters until they meet someone they know who has done it. I thought my friend was CRAZY!!! But here I am VLCD #12 and down ll.2 lbs. I'm ecstatic and DON'T CARE what anyone has to say about it. I've made my decision and it's working for me Very Happy

Once I reach P3 I'll be doing more of an Atkins style diet until I go back into P2
|

replied May 1st, 2008
injections while on my period
Does anyone know the reason why the HCG injections need to be stopped during periods?
|

replied May 7th, 2008
Re: injections while on my period
Lindasonly wrote:
Does anyone know the reason why the HCG injections need to be stopped during periods?

For some they have increased, heavier and even longer flows. Others experience no difference in flow. I continued my injections, even though I am on a BC "Nuvaring" constant and I still got my period - cramping and all. I had not experience one in months since beginning the BC treatment for my cramping. So, it was a bit of a shock.
|

replied February 21st, 2009
hcg and hysterectomys
i had a hysterectomy several years ago. I want to do hcg shots. do they still work if i had a total hysterectomy
|

replied February 25th, 2009
hCG Problems
I've been on the hCG diet for six days. The first two days I was hungry but I lost two pounds. After that, the hunger went away and I felt great but I gained back that weight and have not lost any since then. I am carefully following the protocol. But I'm getting discouraged. Any advice?
|

replied February 25th, 2009
hCG
By the way, I read that someone thought the hCG was extracted from the urine of pregnant women. Just wanted to reassure that it is synthetic hCG. No one goes around asking pregnant women to sell their urine. At least not that I know of.
|

replied February 26th, 2009
use real HCG
Hi Carolina, you need the real stuff, and that is extracted from the pregnant women's urine.

Pregnant woman have an enormous abundance of HCG. And what I understood is that from their urine you can create a lot of HCG!!
|

replied March 6th, 2009
CarolinaMay update?
Hi CarolinaMay, how is it going for you now since you posted?
|

replied April 4th, 2009
Help!!!!!
Can someone please tell me how the Hcg diet affects people that are bipolar? My wife got on this diet about 3 months ago and she is bipolar things had got so bad that i had to move out so she would quit yelling at the kids and fighting with me.I have only moved a few miles down the road and have been trying to help her deal with her problem she was refusing anything from me and has been telling her friends that i just abandoned her so that they will support her ihave tried everything i can to help her get back to her self.The last time i went to check on her i caught another man at her house that she claims she just met and she said he is moving in with her now she wants to divorce me after 3 years for him please help me find a way to prove she is not in her right mind. I have 3 boys ages 5,4&2 that love both of us very much but her lifestyle she is living is hurting them! please help me thanks Russ
|
Quick Reply