Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Workout Video's

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Does anyone have some good suggestions or recommend a video to use for exercise while pregnant? I can't do my regular routine at the gym anymore and was thinking of buying a couple of workout dvd's, but I don't know if they really help, or if they are just a waste?!
I saw a few Yoga / Strectching and low impact cardio one's for pregnancy. Just thought I'd get your thoughts!
I swim now, but can't always make it to the pool, so I thought some form of exercise is better than nothing!
Thanks!
xo
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I saw a dvd "pregnancy yoga for dummies" I actually want to try it when I become pregnant. You could probably get it off ebay pretty cheap. But I've never tried or known anyone to use it, just an idea.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I love the idea of yoga, I think because it is more stretching techniques it will really help, it will also help you with your breathing as well...I would say go for it, just as long as you are comfortable and dont feel like you are working too hard or straining too much...just my thought. Good luck with finding a good pregnancy/workout routine Smile
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2007
Supporter
I would try yoga, my grnadmother swears by it! She's 67 and can still do the splits and stand on her head Shocked
|

replied May 11th, 2007
Experienced User
i was in target the other day and saw some preggy videos...you could look into them.
|

replied May 11th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Dannzibelle wrote:
I would try yoga, my grnadmother swears by it! She's 67 and can still do the splits and stand on her head Shocked

Holy crap!!! Way to go grandma Wink If I tried to do the splits now, I think I would break something permanently......nevermind if trying to stand on my head!!!!!! Shocked
Thanks girls....I was thinking Yoga would be good too. I've seen a few different dvd's....jjst don't know which one to get. If I get a good one and really like it, I will share the name of it with you and how it is!
|