Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Condom Stuck Inside

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I recently had a condom stuck inside of me that I had to have removed by a nurse (neither myself, nor my bf could reach it). I saw where there is a risk of infection when this happens and I should of asked more questions while I was at the doctors office, but I just wanted it out. Anyhow, I do want to have kids someday, so does anyone know for a FACT, whether or not an infection caused by this can adversely effect my ability to have kids in the future? I did not get an infection this time, but would like to know for future reference.

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Condom Stuck Inside
princess71572 wrote:
I recently had a condom stuck inside of me that I had to have removed by a nurse (neither myself, nor my bf could reach it). I saw where there is a risk of infection when this happens and I should of asked more questions while I was at the doctors office, but I just wanted it out. Anyhow, I do want to have kids someday, so does anyone know for a FACT, whether or not an infection caused by this can adversely effect my ability to have kids in the future? I did not get an infection this time, but would like to know for future reference.

If you don't have an infection now I think you are ok.. It might depend on how long you left it in you.
I still would call the Doc to find out for sure.

Thanks.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Condom Stuck Inside
princess71572 wrote:

Thanks.

it would depend on what kind of infection you developed, if you ever got one.

A way to avoid this is to remember to remove the condom immediately after he ejaculates. If it came off before that, then you need to use smaller condoms.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Generally an infection would have happened had the condom been left inside for an extended period of time. It doesn't sound like it was.

In any case, the nurse/doctor would have noted an infection. And if they thought an infection were possible, they'd have said something more about it.

Infection does not always interfere with child bearing. In cases where the infection is long term and ongoing and causes scar tissue, that is where the problems arise.
|