Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

How Long...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
How long should you hold your urine before taking a pregnancy test if you don't take it with fmu? I know your suppose to use fmu because it is concentrated. So how long would qualify?

Just curious. When any of you got your bfp was it with fmu or during the day?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
when i took my pregnancy test with the twins i took it the day i was suppose to start my period i waited to 6pm and took it.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
With .oni, I was about 2 weeks late and took it at the same time. around 6.30 pm. It was a faint faint positive.

And the next mornin it was a faint positive as well.

A week later, I took another one and it was boldly positive!

I have a test, and am ready to test, I just know it'll be negative.

All I want right now is a period or a positive. that's all!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
the first time i was pregnant, i took the test 3 days before my period was supposed to start. & i held my pee for 5 hours before i took the test. & i got my positive!
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks for your responces. I took one this morning but not with fmu. I had only let about 1 1/2 hours pass before taking it. Of course, it was a bfn. And I really don't think I am. I just can't help myself. I'm having some signs. (i know i know Rolling Eyes ) But I really really really have to go and it's only been about 2 1/2 hours. I'm pretty sure thats not long enough. But I'm going to try to hold it. Laughing
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
if your anything like me i tested4 day prior to my missed period and i test at 6:30 pm without holding it in and i got my accurate result...it really depends how much hcg you produce. I would test fmu if you havent missed your period yet..anytime after that date it doesnt really matter when and how long you wait to test.
oh and if you got a negative today do not test for a few more days...those tests are pretty accurate. youre wasting tests
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Experienced User
when i took the last pregnancy test i didn't hold my pee (that i know of i didn't try too) and it was a CLEAR positive and i was only (to my knowledge) 3 days late this was at about i wanna say 8pm. but i do hear that its better to take the test first thing in the morning.
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Emma2 wrote:

oh and if you got a negative today do not test for a few more days...those tests are pretty accurate. youre wasting tests

I know....I just can't help myself.Embarassed

I'm taking painkillers and am overparanoid that the slim chance I am pregnant. I would feel horrible if I continued taking them after I could produce a positive. Does that make any sence? It's hard for me to explain.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
duckypaty wrote:
when i took the last pregnancy test i didn't hold my pee (that i know of i didn't try too) and it was a CLEAR positive and i was only (to my knowledge) 3 days late this was at about i wanna say 8pm. but i do hear that its better to take the test first thing in the morning.

fmu is only really necessary before a missed period...once youve missed it its not needed because by then youve implanted and hcg is strong enough to be detected at anytime of the day.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i forgot to say i took a pregnancy test 5 days before my period was to start and i got a neg.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
mc4ever02 wrote:
Emma2 wrote:

I'm taking painkillers and am overparanoid that the slim chance I am pregnant. I would feel horrible if I continued taking them after I could produce a positive. Does that make any sence? It's hard for me to explain.

you will be disapointed girl if you test again today. I see what your saying but testing again today will not give you the answer . did you miss your period yet?
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Emma2 wrote:
mc4ever02 wrote:
Emma2 wrote:

you will be disapointed girl if you test again today. I see what your saying but testing again today will not give you the answer . did you miss your period yet?

That is where things get hazzy. I might not have o'ed all together.(probably not) but if I did I would only be 15dpo. I'm not sure what my cycle is. But in the past, if I had a cyst it would interupt my cycle alltogether. So, basically, I'm being paranoid for no reason. Rolling Eyes I just kinda needed someone to tell me that. Laughing
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:

Sarah

Have you thought about going to planned parenthood? Just to get things checked out? Until you get on barons insurance...
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
mc4ever02 wrote:
Emma2 wrote:
mc4ever02 wrote:
Emma2 wrote:

That is where things get hazzy. I might not have o'ed all together.(probably not) but if I did I would only be 15dpo. I'm not sure what my cycle is. But in the past, if I had a cyst it would interupt my cycle alltogether. So, basically, I'm being paranoid for no reason. Rolling Eyes I just kinda needed someone to tell me that. Laughing

you dont temp? was your last cycle on time?
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Emma2 wrote:
mc4ever02 wrote:
Emma2 wrote:
mc4ever02 wrote:
Emma2 wrote:

you dont temp? was your last cycle on time?

I recently went off bc. My cycles were about 10 days apart there for a while. If I did, this would be the first month I o'ed. And I only recently started temping so that doesn't help. This is why I want to test so much....I'm just so uncertian about pretty much everything Rolling Eyes
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I took my test with my fmu and got a positive sign immediately. About 2 hours after I took the test my DH made me take another one "just to make sure". That one was positive immediately too. I did wait till I was like 1 week late to test though.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
mc4ever02 wrote:
babymajic0506 wrote:

Sarah

Have you thought about going to planned parenthood? Just to get things checked out? Until you get on barons insurance...

I'm hoping it's stress...or something else.

I'm not pregnant. (so says the test I took the day of the wedding.) SO I'm sure it's stress related. Even though my mind may not be stressed, my body may.

:shrug:

who knows?

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i think you're pregnant sarah.

you took forever to get a positive with oni, soooooo.. lol
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
i think you're pregnant sarah.

you took forever to get a positive with oni, soooooo.. lol

I agree....I really can't wait for you to make the post saying you just got a bfp!!!
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2007
Supporter
i took my test a couple days after my 17th birthday for fun (also because i wasnt sure when my period was due) and there it was a big fat + i was shocked and shawn was like "i kinda thought so" Shocked
|