Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I'm Disgusting And Don't Deserve to Live.

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I am a !**@! fat and ugly failure. I just want to rip my fat off. I hate myself. I feel like a monster. I just wish I was pretty.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper emilymarie137
|

replied May 10th, 2007
I dont know if you know this, but only you can change what ever you think is wrong with you. I just went through something that had me feeling just like you. I was diagnosed with a disease and I had to take this medication that caused me to gain over 50 pounds, gave me bad acne, and changed my whole body. I felt like hiding under a rock. I was ugly, fat and felt like everyone was laughing at me. I had to come to the realization that I had control over this and with help from God, I could overcome it. I stayed positive and started eating better, going to the gym, and using proactive for my skin condition. I am okay with myself now. We will never be satisfied with what we have no matter what. The best thing to do is love yourself and stay positive. Confidence is key too. With confidence and just a little time and effort...people will look up to you. You just have to think it first and everyone else will follow. Very Happy
|

replied May 10th, 2007
i know how you feel i feel like that as well about myself but its only you who can get rid of the weight. do what i did and go to your doctor who will refer you to your local dietician and they will give you all the support and advise you need, and it will be healthy eating that you'll be given not any of them dont eat for three days at a time crap.
its like stopping smoking you have to really want to do it.
good luck if you want someone to moan to just message me, ill help as much as i can
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Supporter
You Are Not a Wasted Existence
I've been looking for you--been worrying about you.

What do you mean by "I want to be pretty"? That means so many different things. You know, you have the power to change your life, you just have to take the first step. Easy for me to say but I went through what you're going through.

No one can change your life for you. You have to decide on what you want, make some sort of plan (which will change over time) and go after it. If you really want something then nothing will overcome you.

Good luck, my dear. I hope this helps. NOW, GO TO IT!!!!
|

replied May 14th, 2007
Emily!!! I'm sure you're not a monster!!! And you shouldn't hate yourself because you say you have a couple of pounds on!!! It makes me angry that people would actually put themselves down just because they're not as skinny as other people!!! Your worth is not on how you look, your worth is on who you are!!! Take a step back Emily, and really see yourself for who you are....look at yourself with love and compassion! Don't mistreat yourself! Don't put yourself down!!! Really, just look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself all of the beautiful things that you have!! Remind yourself how good you are, all the wonderful feelings and emotions that you have, your intellect, your curiosity, your ability to learn things, you're talents--we're all born with something that we're good at, praise yourself!!!!!

I hope that you will see how wonderful you are, and that you will take away those negative thoughts out of your head!!! We're all beautiful, as Christina Aguilera says, and it doesn't matter who says otherwise, as long as we know we are...that's all that counts!!!! Keep your head up and best of luck to you!!! Wink
|

replied July 29th, 2011
fat and deserving of death
For those who say it's all on you, you have the power to change, for those who tell you to go to a doctor, they will help you. those people are wrong. I've been to doctors. I've been on diets. I've been told by a doctor that no matter what I do I will not lose the weight due to my health conditions. I see other doctors and they don't help. I'm a vegetarian, I don't eat gluten, I no longer exercise because I'm sick all the time. I did exercise all the time and I didn't lose anything. It got me no where. I even had a doctor tell me running 8 hours a day will do nothing for my condition. I'm just stuck with it and will have to make do. So I too wish I was dead. I'm a fat blob who does not deserve life. I'm a waste of human flesh. All those who keep blaming me, you're wrong!
|

replied November 6th, 2011
I am fat and have put on 11 stone in 10 years my partner openly finds me physically repulsive. Do i stay in a relationship where there is friendship but no sexual attraction from my partner to me. Will I always feel so awful I feel hurt that my partner finds me unappealing and it is such a hard thing to acknowledge and take on board. I wish I had a partner who thought I was pretty I don't want fireworks but I want love, affection and sex I want to feel attractive and loved is that wrong and is it my fault that I do not feel that way as it is me that has got so fat
|

replied April 8th, 2012
im fat and i hate my life it doesnt mean i want to die, but i feel like i dont deserve to live
|

replied January 15th, 2013
Hate
i feel like such a failure, i can't live with myself. i have lost most of my faith in God and im scared, i cant take it anymore. Im not smart enough im stupid and im tired of not being happy with myself. I just want to die and pretend i never existed!
|
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply