Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

It's Hot As a Crotch! (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
it's only been hot for like 3 days but i am so sick of the heat! what happened to spring?!

finn is not dealing well with the heat either. he has a hard time going to sleep for naps and cries, which makes him get even hotter, and eventually he's a sobbing sweaty mess.

i can't wait to get our a/c units! unfortunately the one we need for our living room is $500 so we can't get it until next week.

we're heading out in our air conditioned car to go hang out at air conditioned target!

is it ridiculously hot everywhere else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
yes! here! here!

it's ridic!

it's 10am & it's already 80 degrees.

um, ew?!

i hate being sweaty & greasy & smelly.
i have overactive sweat glands or something, lol.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
since all that tropical storm crap its been a little hot but nice and breezy so it's been comfy.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Its feels good here! For now anyways. I think the highs for us today is the upper 80's. It will get alot hotter for us southerners lol. I just cant wait for it to be in the hundreds, .N.O.T!!!!!!
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yall don't know hot.

Seriously. It may be hot where yall are...but it's extreemely heavy hot. THe humidity level is in the 80's here. So our 80 feels like 95....in the *shade*!!!!

Mel, how insane is it to have a .t.s like a month before the season starts?!?!??!?!?!?!

I'm getting anxious about this hurricane season....

Sarah
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:
yall don't know hot.

Seriously. It may be hot where yall are...but it's extreemely heavy hot. THe humidity level is in the 80's here. So our 80 feels like 95....in the *shade*!!!!

Mel, how insane is it to have a .t.s like a month before the season starts?!?!??!?!?!?!

I'm getting anxious about this hurricane season....

Sarah
girl,don't I know about the heat.it gets the same asy here and I hate it! Humidity is the worst! actually the whole thunder storm thing isn't that bad,it's giving us soe cooler weather but when it rains it get a lil muggy.I'm excited about the hurricane season because I like storms!but I don't like it when they get mad strong and destroy things Confused
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Supporter
I'm so glad I live here.. the north of england doesn't get that hot until about june/july & even then it's very unusual to be in the 30s (I'm not sure what that is in fahrenheit!). I'm wearing shorts today but I'm wearing tights under them because otherwise I'd be too cold.. It's a nice day, but very breezy so not very warm at all. I'm glad .Jenny doesn't have to struggle with the heat.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Experienced User
Ok I .D.O .N.O.T take humidity well so that would kill me but. I'm used to -30s so this 89 degress F today is crazy for this early in spring!
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i'd rather have this heat where i can jump in the pool and cool off than in the winter where it's freezing and there's lots of ugly black snow everywhere!!!

i can't wait to go swimming!

and im scared about the hurricanes Sad i dont like him living in florida.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I love the name of this topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its mad freakin hot here too!!!!!!!!! It wouldn't be so bad if we had a transition into the heat. A month ago we were shoveling snow for .God's sake and now it's 90 degrees.

I hear you about cranky little ones. Jaylon is really crabby and doesn't want to lay down. He's swinging where he gets a breeze, lucky boy!

I am a sweat factory too. I wake up in the night roasting!!! Even when it's not hot at all!!!
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I hear ya all!! We finally had to break down and turn our a/c on last night. I really didn't want too!! Crying or Very sad I love being able to have my windows open.

It's only 75 degrees here right now, but with the humidity it feels 85! We are suppose to get some rain this afternoon, maybe that will help a little.

Spring, oh spring...come back here!!
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Supporter
heres its been slightyly under room tempature (20 degrees) i think the highest its been is 18.. apparently this weekend is sposta get up to 30 but i highly doubt it thats way to drastic
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
oh my poor little finny....my son is going through hell too ...he sweats like a piglet and cries and is so restless.....and like u said he cries and sweats even more and when i touch him hes a tiny oven ! its so bad
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Last year, this time, .oni was tinnnny! And she would not go inside! She hated the a/c!!!!

I have a very tropical child because she *loves* the heat!!! She would be sweatin her ass off killin bottles of ice cold water, and I'd be *dyyying*!!!

It was horrible!!

She still looooves to be outside, no matter how insanly hot it is....bleeech!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It's to smokey to go outside. So I don't really know. Laughing
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I hate when it's "hot as a crotch" as .bridget would say Laughing
We turned our a/c on yesterday. Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. But of course .adriana still wants to go outside.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yall, this is crazy. Our a/c has been running for the past 2 months! Shocked

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I like the heat better than the cold! I can just cope with it better. We are turning our a/c on at night though. My DH gets really cranky when he is trying to sleep ina hot room.
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I am solar powered, so I say bring it! At least we don't have humidity. Went skating at lunch today and it was glorious.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
it's 92 degrees *inside*! nick did just put finn's a/c in though, so at least he'll be able to sleep well tonight. our unit is in my parents' garage though and we won't be going over there until sunday. then we won't buy our living room unit until sometime next week.

according to our condo rules we're not supposed to put them in until may 15th but they can suck it, i have a hot cranky baby! i'm actually going to write them a letter telling them they should change that stupid rule, there a lot of families with small children and a lot of old people here. we shouldn't have to suffer in these stifling hot condos if we don't have to.

i'm sweating my balls off. i just cooked dinner over a hot stove and i can't seem to cool down. i want to sleep in finn's room!
|
12 >>