Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Mysterious Pimple Like Bite

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
I have about 12 bites on my left cheek that look like pimples. They are about 1/2 a cm apart. They don't itch like crazy but at random times they start to itch a bit. I found a few more bites on my stomach, neck and back. I have no idea what they're from. I checked the internet about fleas and it doesn't seem like its them since they usually bite the leg. I don't think its bed bugs since I haven't seen any blood spots. It could be because I wore this one shirt that was new and I didn't wash it before I wore it to bed but do the mysterious bugs stick to that shirt? I didn't wear it last night and I didn't get any new bites that I'm aware of. Please help, I'm really confused whether its a bed bug, a bug stuck to my shirt and whether its on my bed or not.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2007
Experienced User
most likly an allergic reaction. But bed bugs and fleas, spiders are an option. bedbugs can easily be found under the seam of the mattress. Lift it and look. They are big enough to see.
|

replied May 17th, 2007
I checked and didn't see any bedbugs. I haven't gotten any bites recently so I'm guessing they're from the t-shirt I bought. I washed it a lot so I can wear it now. Thanks for replying to my topic.
|

replied May 29th, 2007
Could be CHIGGERS.
CHIGGERS most commonly bite from the waist down and are found it wooded or grassy areas.
Been out in the woods or any grassy fields lately?
|

replied July 15th, 2009
bed bugs
probably is bed bugs. when they bite your face, it usually comes in littel pimle clusters and itch a little but not often. it's not likley that you will see blood spots right a way. people think that bed bugs hide and live in your bed, but in actuality, they live in the wooded areas, base boards in your bed room around your bed. the crawl into your bed, pillow cases at night and bite you when they sense your alseep by the sound of your breathing. you may see black spots in the seems of your bed from feces, but again, bed bood typically dwell in the cracks and crevices of any area. that is why if you ever were to get a bed bug extermination, they would generally treat very tediously, however, all of hte cracks and crevices of you room/home. so don't rule out bed bugs just because you don't see blood spots. it is very common to have bed bugs with not many traces at all aside from the bites for a significant period of time unless you home is really infested.
|