Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Safe?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Is it safe to have intercourse in water when your pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 8th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
I don't think it is safe even when you aren't pregnant. If you're pumping water into there at any time you can get an infection. If you're in a shower it's different but I don't think it's a good idea in a bath or a pool.

:::Sex in a hot tub, Jacuzzi or pool can lead to infections. During sexual activity, water can get forced into the vagina or anus. This water may be teeming with microbes which can lead to an infection. Sometimes residential (and commercial) hot tubs, pools and Jacuzzis are not chlorinated adequately, increasing the amount of bacteria they contain and the likelihood of an infection. Even if the water in a hot tub has a chlorine level maintained in accordance to government standards, there is still a risk of infection if the water is forced into the vagina or anus. Exposing a vagina to chlorine may disrupt healthy native bacteria and change the natural pH (acidity) in the vagina leading to a yeast infection.:::
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply