Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Dry Eyes & Cornea Damage

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
Hi I was hoeping someone might be able to offer me some advice. I have reccently cut my cornea and according to the doctors I need to have laser surgery which they are putting me forward for, in the mean time I have been given some artificial tears to use every hour and some gel stuff called Laci-Lube to use on an evening to prevent my eyes from drying out and causing anymore damage.

The problem I am having is that the Lacri-Lube doesnt seem to be having any effect during the night and I keep waking up in agony, this is because my eyes are drying out and pulling the skin off the weakened part of my eye. While I wait for the laser surgery I wondered if anyone knows of anything that I could use to help lubricate my eye at night? Any gels, medicines or anything else that might help at all??

Thankyou
Ben
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 8th, 2007
Re: Dry Eyes & Cornea Damage
BenC wrote:
Hi I was hoeping someone might be able to offer me some advice. I have reccently cut my cornea and according to the doctors I need to have laser surgery which they are putting me forward for, in the mean time I have been given some artificial tears to use every hour and some gel stuff called Laci-Lube to use on an evening to prevent my eyes from drying out and causing anymore damage.

The problem I am having is that the Lacri-Lube doesnt seem to be having any effect during the night and I keep waking up in agony, this is because my eyes are drying out and pulling the skin off the weakened part of my eye. While I wait for the laser surgery I wondered if anyone knows of anything that I could use to help lubricate my eye at night? Any gels, medicines or anything else that might help at all??

Thankyou
Ben

Ben,
I just came on the forum and I know this question was a lot time ago so probably too late but just in case:

For night time protection, in my opinion (and personal experience) some kind of protection in addition to a lubricant may be essential. Personally I use the Tranquileyes hydrating goggle. A simple sleep mask may be of some help though.
|
Did you find this post helpful?