Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Why Does My Urine Smell?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
For awhile now (maybe 6 months), I've noticed a foul stinch when I urinate. I thought that maybe it was a yeast infection, so I went to the store and bought Monistat 3 or 7...one of those. And to my surprise, it didn't fix anything. Not only that, but almost everyday I have a whitish vaginal discharge. Plus, every once in a blue moon when I urinate, right when I get off the toilet, I have a strong urge to go again. Should I be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sundaisy007
|

replied May 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Why Does My Urine Smell?
sundaisy007 wrote:
For awhile now (maybe 6 months), I've noticed a foul stinch when I urinate. I thought that maybe it was a yeast infection, so I went to the store and bought Monistat 3 or 7...one of those. And to my surprise, it didn't fix anything. Not only that, but almost everyday I have a whitish vaginal discharge. Plus, every once in a blue moon when I urinate, right when I get off the toilet, I have a strong urge to go again. Should I be worried?

Alrighty. First, monistat is for vaginal infections, not urinary ones, so that's why it didn't help at all. You were using the wring kind of medicine in the wrong place.

WHite vaginal discharge is normal usually, but if this is a sudden development it may be signs of something. However, it sounds normal. if it was yellow or green, then I'd worry. I too have a lot of discharge.

If you don't want to go to the doctor (though I always advise you do so) you should try cranberry juice. This will help with your urine. The stading up and having to pee again thing is probably just a side effect of being female. It happens to me too!
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
Sounds to me like it could be a urinary tract infection. I'd see your doctor to get on some antibiotics. And drink cranberry juice. If you can't tolerate that try taking cranberry capsules.
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You could also be dehydrated. Trying drinking more water.
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2007
Experienced User
i too have a odor to my urine and i though i had either a UTI or yeast infection, went to the doctor and they told me that they couldn't find nothing realation to the odor... but he did give me shot of antibiotics just in case there was somthing that was to minor to see to prevent it from coming. They might just give you a prescription. I would def. go to the doctor!
|

replied February 19th, 2009
i need help
a while i got a std went 2 the doctor got that sorted that isnt the problem Smile anyhoo after that since i have been going 2 the loo 2 pee and when a get up it smells really bad i went back 2 the doctor 2 get retested for the std i had it was ok so why do ma pee smell plz help
|

replied August 24th, 2011
if it only occurrs once in a while then it is most likely something you ate or drank. cranberry juice like every said previously does make things normal again. but if it is something that happens all the time, test yourself for a bladder infection of any kind.
|

replied January 15th, 2012
smelly pee
my urine smells bad to, thanks for all the helpful tips, i was really getting worried that something was wrong with me.
|

replied December 25th, 2012
Urine order
I went to doctor test were fine for both uti and yeast, I drink about 100 oz of water a day and it smells worst than ever. Never in the 36 yrs if my life has my urine smelled so bad
|

replied August 1st, 2013
My urine smells real bad, like stagnant water yuk. I also get real bad abdo pains my doc reckons they not connected, I'm not so sure. Any thoughts!
|