Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Bad Pain In Left Side of Head.

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
For about four or five days now, the left side of my head has been in pain. It's one of those incredibly annoying throbbing pains, that turns into a stabbing pain whenever I cough. Every so often, my left tear duct will start streaming tears, and my left nostril will run as well. Even though this is all happening on the left side, both of my eyes are bloodshot. The right side of my head feels completely normal.

I truly hope this is a short-term thing, it's getting to be unbearable.

EDIT: I tried Mucinex to clear my sinuses, but it didn't do a thing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It sounds as though it could be something called a cluster headache. You need to call your doctor about them. THere are perscriptions that call help but to the best of my knowledge there is nothing over the counter that will help.

I hope you are feeling better soon. Keep us updated!
|

replied July 11th, 2011
Headache
Hi I am suffering from pain on the left side of my head. I've had migraines since the age of 6 and i am now 31. For a while it would feel like a worm is crawling around my temple and now its turned into a pulsating feeling! Now I have bad surges of pain near my temple.....Im scared and going to the doctor next week! What could this be???
|