Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Not Able to Go to the Bathroom Without Catheter

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I saw another posting, about someone not able 2 empty there bladder. I was in an acdnt 2 years ago, and I was told that the nerves were damanged and it takes about a year for them to come back. It's now been 2 years and I still can't release. Everything else seems fine, does anyone have any experiance, or help for me? I've seen a ton of Dr's... It seems to have them stumped.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
hi there, this happened to me when my daughter was born. my nerves in my bladder were damaged due to having an epidural and having a full bladder fr 26 hours with no catheter. i was catherterised for 2 weeks and had to wear incontinence pads for 7 weeks.

it was awful as i was only 20 and thought i would be forever like this. luckily my feeling came back gradually and i am now fully healed but i can sympathise with how you are feeling.

i really hope you get better soon and i hope you find some answers Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply