Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

How Well Am I Doing?

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Hello all, this is the first time being on one of these boards, so I hope that I am doing this right :/. But anyway...I am 17 years old, 6 ft. 2 in. tall, and about 150 lbs. I believe I am doing all of the right things in order to maintain good physical health (both inner and outer). I eat a balanced meal and limit my sugars and snacky foods to MAYBE a brownie/cookie/whatever a day (with the occasional days of a little more snacks Wink ). When I do "snack" I try to have a fruit or veggie. As for exercise, I do it at least 4 times a week, lifting weights every other day and riding my exercise bike every day (15 min. on weight days and 25 min. on non-weight). Also, I do not drink or smoke and get a decent amount of sleep a night. As you can tell, I feel that I have a general good control on my lifestyle. However, when I do have the occasional snack or unhealthy food choice, I feel very guilty about the choice. I hope this is not the start of an eating disorder and I am fearful of having food choices run my life; but even with my lifestyle, I still feel somewhat disappointed with my body. Sorry for the long explanation, I just wanted to put everything out there that may need to be said. Basically, I've read on several sites different ways to "Live the healthy life style" and I wanted to hear your guys' take. How well am I doing? Should I be doing anything better? Does anybody feel the same way about the little snacks, and what can I do to try and eliminate the guilt? Thanks for all who respond Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
hi there. i am sorry to hear you ae not happy with your 'snacking'. sometimes everyone gives in to temptation Smile please don't let your food routine and exercise take over your life. remember true friends, girlfriends and your family love you for who you are and not your body shape.
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
By the sounds of it your are doing quite well, do u excersize regularly? If so i wouldnt worry about the few extra snacks here and there. They wont do anything as long as u limit them and eat them in moderation then its fine. Dont beat yourself up for it. That can tend to bring a downward spiral, just keep up with doing what your doing and dont worry or think about the extra snacks here and there its totally normal.
|