Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

New Dull Ache

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
I'm 21 years old and have been smoking for less than a year (recently quit) and only an average of two or three cigarettes a day, sometimes less.

I dunno if it's just a pulled muscle, or heartburn, or because I sleep on my side, or because it's humid or allergies to pollen this time of year, but I have this weird dull ache in my right side of my chest under the ribs that kind of comes and goes.

I don't have a cough or shortness of breath, in fact I exercise every morning without any noticeable fatigue (at least any more than the standard out of shape because I just started exercising daily after several years of being lazy). I also definitely don't have a loss in appetite and have if anything gained a little weight the past year, though that may be just a side effect from the zoloft I've been on for a little over a year.

I'm probably just paranoid because I just today woke up with this pain... but could it be cancer? I hope not, I've been having small panic attacks all morning worrying about it because that's always what I do when something out of my hands and potentially dangerous comes my way.

I just want to know what this is and pray it's not even remotely cancer related. any information would be so greatly appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 6th, 2011
lungs ache
Hi Back to 2007 when you posted...did you ever find out what it was? I have same symptoms as of this week. Thanks for any help if you do see this post, Laura
|
Did you find this post helpful?