Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

How to Stop Worrying About Miscarriage????

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hello! After 1 year of trying I am finally pregnant. I got my positive result on saturday which was day one of my missed period. I went to the doctor and now am only considered 5 weeks pregnant, and he told me that I should come back at week 10 for my first prenatal appointment. I know that there is a really high chance of miscarriage in the forst trimester so how can I stop stressing myself out until I get further along???? Anyone been through this??? Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
There is nothing you can do to prevent a miscarriage, so take it day by day.
Worrying is part of pregnancy.

Congrats on being pregnant and good luck to you.
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Congratulations!!

I agree, worry is part of pregnancy. All you can do is sit back and try to relax. You should be enjoying your pregnancy!

I wish you a happy and healthy nine months!
|

replied May 1st, 2007
I had a miscarriage 2 years ago, and there is actually nothing you can do to prevent it. I am 10 weeks pregnant now and cant stop stressing about it, Im just so worried about having another one. They say about 20 weeks you should be out of the woods with having a miscarriage. So Im just taking it day by day!
|

replied May 3rd, 2007
Hi I can completely understand how you feel. I am 6 weeks pregnant with my first and I am sick with worry not only of miscarriage but of ectopic. I won't be able to see a Dr. for several weeks also. So until then we will just have to wait.
I just want to send you a (((HUG))) know that you are not alone, it is totally normal to worry not that it makes it any better. I think maybe after you get your first appt. you and I will feel better. Then it is just take it one day at a time. First days after I found out seemed to take forever now it has been 3 weeks since finding out, so time will move forward.
Take Care and God Bless,
Jessika
|