Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Having Sex While On Your Period???

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am a 24 year old married woman. I have to ask am i the only person that gets extremely horny while menstrating? I mean, I wanna wait because yea its kinda gross but at the same time im horny as hell. I asked my husband once to get in the shower with me (while I was on it) and we had sex... It felt great!! But I dont think he liked it. I think he did it just to please me and didnt wanna hurt my feelings.

I dont know about yall, but I say hey, we are married... there is nothing else we need to hide from each other. And if you close your eyes, it almost like its just extra lube... Wow, that sounds nasty.

Oh yea and another thing, I heard that somewhere in the Bible that it is like one of the biggest sins if you have sex while on your period? Is that true? I consider myself religious so I wouldnt wanna be sinning, you know?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nadajaf
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I get in the mood while I have my period sometimes too. My current partner does not mind having sex while I am bleeding.

Yeah, I think that is in the Bible that you should not do that, but so are a lot of other things. In fact, I believe it actually says that men are not even allowed to talk to women when they are bleeding let alone have sex with them. You can be as religious as you want, just realize that things were a lot different when the Bible was written. A lot of things in there just don't apply to our ways of life. You can still believe in God and be a good person, but I would not worry about following the Bible to the letter. In fact, if you did, I am not sure you could even function in our society!
|

replied March 28th, 2011
im horney during period
yea me too..I get so horney with my new fiance'he usually say no but i end up raping him..lol
|

replied April 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Having Sex While On Your Period???
jason2jr wrote:
I am a 24 year old married woman. I have to ask am i the only person that gets extremely horny while menstrating? I mean, I wanna wait because yea its kinda gross but at the same time im horny as hell. I asked my husband once to get in the shower with me (while I was on it) and we had sex... It felt great!! But I dont think he liked it. I think he did it just to please me and didnt wanna hurt my feelings.

I dont know about yall, but I say hey, we are married... there is nothing else we need to hide from each other. And if you close your eyes, it almost like its just extra lube... Wow, that sounds nasty.

Oh yea and another thing, I heard that somewhere in the Bible that it is like one of the biggest sins if you have sex while on your period? Is that true? I consider myself religious so I wouldnt wanna be sinning, you know?

I too get horny during my period :3 And I've had sex at the end of one of my periods.

Unfortunatly for you, leviticus has strict rules about menstruation. This is old testament stuff so I don't know how much you adhere to it. I'm not sure if there is anything mentioned in the new testament.

In leviticus, any bodily emmision like semen or a woman's period is considered unclean. It's not listed as "against the rules", but it is considered unclean to have sex during your period. It isn't a sin, but it was frowned upon and you were considered "unclean" the whole week you were menstruating. Any man who sleeps with a menstruating woman was considered unclean for the rest of the day.

SO it's up to you. It's not a sin, but it's not exactly promoted as something great, either.

Personally I'm buddhist so I don't give a damn XD
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2007
Experienced User
My great-grandmother used to say that if you put a drop of your menstral blood in the tea of a man you wanted to love you, he would fall in love as if under a spell. Shocked

Ahem, anyway. LOL. I get very horny while on my period too, but there is NO possibly way that my husband will go anywhere near that. He used to back when we first started dating (about 11-ish years ago), but after we had our baby, it became a no-no. He's a tough old boy, but he was in the delivery room with me of course, and when the doctor grabbed those scissors, he almost fell away in a dead faint. Poor thing's been traumatized! Before that he was okay with it though. Oh well. Smile
|

replied May 5th, 2007
I also get that way when I'm on my period. I have way more fantasies and want to masturbate, but it hurts to do that plus i dont like getting blood on me. When I'm in a relationship, even though i'm horny, I dont like to have sex while i'm on my period. I mean, if its not that heavy, like the last couple of days, i will. But maybe you could please your husband in a different way, like through oral sex. As for him pleasing you, he could just stimulate your breasts. That might be good enough. And he would enjoy it as well.

Now, about the part about that being a sin: that was written in the old testament. Things changed after Christ came. In the old testament, you had to do certain things to be considered "clean" in order to have a relationship with God. Those things are no longer necessary to have a relationship with Him. However, if you are Jewish, you only believe in the old testament. So if you are Jewish, and if you feel that it is a sin, then refrain from it. The Bible says that even for those who believe in the new testament teachings, that if someone believes something is a sin for them, then they should not do it.
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2007
Supporter
my boyfriend and i have sex when i am on my period. it isn't an issue for me, and it isn't an issue for him. perhaps some people are just squeamish and just don't like the sight of blood; that's fair enough. but there is nothing unclean about blood. hell, if there were then everyone would be damned to hell, because there are 8 pints of it in the human body!!! i don't like this view many people have that mentruation is dirty, as though it is something to be ashamed of. it is a natural cycle.

havin sex on my period isn't something i would do on a one night stand or something; i wouldn't do it with someone i didn't know. but then again i don't do one night stands anyway. i am in a committed relationship with someone i love and we don't have anything to hide from one another. i agree with you in that respect. i don't think you should be embarrassed or have boundaries within your marriage. talk with him about it. find out what his thoughts are.
|

replied May 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
fiona05 wrote:
my boyfriend and i have sex when i am on my period. it isn't an issue for me, and it isn't an issue for him. perhaps some people are just squeamish and just don't like the sight of blood; that's fair enough. but there is nothing unclean about blood. hell, if there were then everyone would be damned to hell, because there are 8 pints of it in the human body!!! i don't like this view many people have that mentruation is dirty, as though it is something to be ashamed of. it is a natural cycle.

havin sex on my period isn't something i would do on a one night stand or something; i wouldn't do it with someone i didn't know. but then again i don't do one night stands anyway. i am in a committed relationship with someone i love and we don't have anything to hide from one another. i agree with you in that respect. i don't think you should be embarrassed or have boundaries within your marriage. talk with him about it. find out what his thoughts are.

Well, people have different beliefs and religion often says things that non members (such as us) consider somewhat odd. I like the response someone else gave that more clearly explained what happened in the new testament versus the old testament; and I hope this helps the original poster.
|

replied December 25th, 2012
se...in period
strictly prohibited in islam and has penalty (paying some penalty as some gram of gold on behalf of man )for promotion life of pooor ppl
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I have sex on my period from time to time. I might even say I like it better. If it's too messy, we shower together.

Ahem... but anyway, yes it does say that you aren't supposed to have sex during your period in the bible. If you followed all the rules in the old testament, you would live a very different life. There are a lot of rules that most Christians don't follow because it was a different culture than ours. There are rules about women not being able to talk in church, not being able to go anywhere during their period, not being able to show off their hair. Most people don't follow any of this any more, but are still considered good Christians.

If you are concerned about this particular rule, that is your choice. Just know that if you read that part of the bible, you will find a lot more little rules that are pretty hard to follow in today's world. My guess is that you can't be that concerned about it if you've never even read it.
|

replied May 8th, 2007
The fact that a person is ignorant of a subject doesnt neccessarily mean that subject isnt important to them. I was told that that was a sin and that bothered me. But, since we have somehow made the parts of the bible that dont fit in our lives not count then I guess its okay, right?? I dont know if picking and choosing what fits in our lifestyle and saying its okay...makes it okay? But this is an entirely different subject. Im going to chill on the whole thing. Thanks 4 the responses.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well, don't get angry at us for explaining it if you asked about it. I don't think anyone in here meant to down you or imply that it isn't important to you. You have to realize, however, that people interpret the bible differently. There are many different ways to take it, from the completely literal to the completely figurative. If you would rather not hear anyone else's interpretation, you are more than welcome to actually read the bible yourself and interpret it however you like.
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
jason2jr wrote:
The fact that a person is ignorant of a subject doesnt neccessarily mean that subject isnt important to them. I was told that that was a sin and that bothered me. But, since we have somehow made the parts of the bible that dont fit in our lives not count then I guess its okay, right?? I dont know if picking and choosing what fits in our lifestyle and saying its okay...makes it okay? But this is an entirely different subject. Im going to chill on the whole thing. Thanks 4 the responses.

I am sorry, I wasn't trying to judge you. I just meant that if you aren't the type to read every word of the bible and take it all literally, you're probably not the type to follow this particular passage. I made a judgement too quickly. Again, I am sorry. I'm not the type of person to care what others believe or practice.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
No... dont be sorry. Maybe I was being too sensitive. I posted somewhat of a sensitive subject and couldnt take the heat. Its probably due to the fact that I have issues with my faith and what I should believe. I appreciate the insight and welcome comments.
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
Is there anyway of postponing a period for a few hours to have sex?
Me and my partner did it once (naively) and never did it again. Although this week will be the last we see eachother as I'm moving away but I'm on my period. Can you Delay or postpone it a few hours ?
|

replied April 4th, 2010
What the Bible Says:
Leviticus 18:19 says: "You must not go near a woman to have sexual relations with her while she is on her monthly period."
In Leviticus 15:24, it says that a man who has sex with a woman on her period is unclean for seven days.
If you look at the end of chapter 18, it makes response that in keeping the chapter it will keep the land clean. I am a follower of the way. You can make your own conclusions based on scriptural passage. It''s not something I would personally do as a guy. I would find it repulsive. It''s just not a good idea. And for those that say it doesn''t count because it''s old Testament, Jesus said:“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17-1Cool. Leviticus 18:19 stays until this world is gone.
|

replied April 4th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
BeautyQueen, You can use a menstrual cup to stop the flow. The disposable type (Instead SoftCup) can be kept in for up to 12 hours without any negative health effects, and it does not interfere with your fun.

Best of luck!
|

replied April 5th, 2011
If a woman is considered unclean while on her period and a man is considered unclean for 7 days if he has sex with a woman on her period then I guess they could be unclean together..lol...Personally, it doesn't bother me and lucky for me I married a paramedic so it doesn't bother him either...lmao Smile
|

replied December 28th, 2011
oral
i LOVE to orally please a woman while She is on Her period! So hot! Love to make sure She is completely pleased!
|

replied January 17th, 2012
Sex on my period
I'm a Christian & love God dearly, though I happened upon this discussion because I was wondering the same as the original poster. Like many of the above women I want my husband so much more when I'm on my period & he finds that he is even more in the mood when I am menstrating as well. However I have wondered about what God thinks of this act, though he made sex for a married husband & wife & the 2 become 1 after being married ( also the reference 2 sex) we are not 2 keep our bodies 2 ourselves but give them to each other I think that though we as women need our time to clean our bodies as God made neessary for our good health, if both are in agreement that they enjoy lovemaking during her period I think its fine as long as the woman has time to finish her bleeding to be clean inside its ok. But make sure to shower with soap & water for both hubby & wife. We personally use the period as a birth control method.
|

replied December 25th, 2012
you are straight and moral
|

replied June 20th, 2012
Disgusting
To Tito006, I must say that is the most repulsive thing I've ever read. OMG!!!! You put your mouth on a bleeding "V"????????????????????????????????????
As a woman, I know we should feel normal about what comes from our bodies, but I'm 32 years old and I still think it's gross. Matter of fact, I think it's more gross now than I thought when I was a child. TO say this in immature, but it's true and I am trying to help the way I feel. I think we are cursed as women to endure what we do. Also becuase we are portrayed negatively by some men and women.
|

replied June 21st, 2012
Community Volunteer
I agree that it is probably not what most men and women will find acceptable. But I must also admit to coming out of the bath, putting a new tampon in and my husband giving me oral sex. There is no reason why you cannot enjoy being stimulated and having an orgasm when you have your period. It does not have to mean blood and smell everywhere.

There are also menstrual cups that will keep flow and smells inside. With the disposable Instead SoftCup, you can even have intercourse without having to deal with your flow during sex.

I find a good back rub and an orgasm excellent 'medicine' for a very crappy time of the month. It helps my mood, it makes me feel better, it relieves my cramps and it makes me sleep easier. I am not sure that these are 'bad' things.
|