Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Early pregnancy signs after an abortion & increased fertilit

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Okay, i'm not trying to sound gross or anything but I really need some advice! I had an abortion on the 29 of march. (it was a medical abortion so it took a few days to actually happen). And everything worked out, than my boyfriend and I had anal sex 4 times in a two day time period (april 21 and 22). I was scared that I could possibly get pregnant so I took the morning after pill on the 23. Since then I have been completely paranoid. Now it is 5 days later and I am having frequent urination and i'm really worried I may be pregnant....I dont know if I actually feel anything or if i'm just racking my brain. The doctor told me I should get my eriod between may 29th and april 29th. what are the chances that I may be pregnant please reply. today, april 29 was the seventh day after the incident i took a pregnancy test and it said negetive. is it too soon to pick up HCG levels? i guess i'm so worried because they say your really fertile after an abortion.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2007
Pregnancy Q&A Answer A2697
You wrote:

"Current medical status: recently had a medical abortion on april 5
Current medical treatment: i had a shot of methotrexate and then the night after for two nights i had to isert 4 misopristol tablets"

It seems impossible that you could be pregnant. First, you can’t become pregnant during anal sex and, second and more importantly, the home pregnancy test you took is negative. Additionally, it seems that the test results are relevant because you took the pregnancy test at the time you should have gotten your period.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.