Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Unable to Open Jaw After Having a Filling

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I went to the dentist to have a filling. He was very nice - had an injection.
Going home the entire side of my face from ear down to my neck was numb for about 6 hours. Couldn't shut mouth properly.Had shooting pains down ear to filled tooth. Fine. 10 days later I couln't open jaw wider than a small finger real pain when chewing.
Dentist thought it was inflammed tendon. Then a week after that the base of my tongue became numb and awkward and swallowing became and is really strained and difficult. I really don't like it. Am on yoghurt and soups now for ages. Very distressing. Anyone heard of this? Got any ideas? Would be very grateful:(
Did you find this post helpful?
|